mrtg - Redhat

This is a discussion on mrtg - Redhat ; has anyone had any luck running mrtg in 1 pull per minute. i am using Red Hat 9 with mrtg 2.09.17 and the latest RRD what changes do i need to make to change the hard coded 5 min interval? ...

  1. mrtg

    has anyone had any luck running mrtg in 1 pull per minute.
    i am using Red Hat 9 with mrtg 2.09.17 and the latest RRD
    what changes do i need to make to change the hard coded 5 min interval?
    thanks
    Matt

  2. Re: mrtg

    LOOK at the .cfg file:

    # In this example we tell mrtg that we will be calling it
    # every 10 minutes. If you are calling mrtg every 5
    # minutes, you can leave this line commented out.

    # Interval: 10

    "Matt" wrote in message news:41689abd$0$547$a1866201@newsreader.visi.com.. .
    > has anyone had any luck running mrtg in 1 pull per minute.
    > i am using Red Hat 9 with mrtg 2.09.17 and the latest RRD
    > what changes do i need to make to change the hard coded 5 min interval?
    > thanks
    > Matt

  3. Re: mrtg

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:33:48 +0100, Newsgroup Poster wrote:

    > LOOK at the .cfg file:
    >

    > # In this example we tell mrtg that we will be calling it # every 10
    > minutes. If you are calling mrtg every 5 # minutes, you can leave this
    > line commented out.
    >
    > # Interval: 10

    From what I've read the interval cannot be set to less than five minutes.

    --
    i.m.

  4. Re: mrtg

    http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/we...reference.html

    Note that unless you are using rrdtool you can not set Interval to less than 5 minutes. If you are using rrdtool you can set interval down to 1 minute. Note though, setting the Interval for an rrdtool/mrtg setup will influence the initial creation of the database. If you change the interval later, all existing databases will remain at the resolution they were initially created with.

    "Ivan Marsh" wrote in message newsan.2004.10.12.15.44.08.210786@you.now...
    > > "Matt" wrote in message
    > > news:41689abd$0$547$a1866201@newsreader.visi.com.. .
    > >> has anyone had any luck running mrtg in 1 pull per minute. i am using
    > >> Red Hat 9 with mrtg 2.09.17 and the latest RRD what changes do i need
    > >> to make to change the hard coded 5 min interval? thanks Matt

    > On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:33:48 +0100, Newsgroup Poster wrote:
    >
    > > LOOK at the .cfg file:
    > >

    > > # In this example we tell mrtg that we will be calling it # every 10
    > > minutes. If you are calling mrtg every 5 # minutes, you can leave this
    > > line commented out.
    > >
    > > # Interval: 10

    > From what I've read the interval cannot be set to less than five minutes.
    >
    > --
    > i.m.
    > The USA Patriot Act is the most unpatriotic act in American history.

+ Reply to Thread