fedora installed on CD? - Redhat

This is a discussion on fedora installed on CD? - Redhat ; Is it possible to install Fedora core on a CD or DVD? Can I somehow copy my hard disk installation onto a bootable CD or DVD?...

  1. fedora installed on CD?

    Is it possible to install Fedora core on a CD or DVD? Can I somehow copy
    my hard disk installation onto a bootable CD or DVD?

  2. Re: fedora installed on CD?

    You could, but would it work? IMHO I don't think so. The system is writing
    to disk all the time so unless you could mount the root in a RAM disk it
    wouldn't be able to run. Have you seen Knoppix. It is already done.

    http://www.knoppix.net/

    "Klang" wrote in message
    > Is it possible to install Fedora core on a CD or DVD? Can I somehow copy
    > my hard disk installation onto a bootable CD or DVD?

  3. Re: fedora installed on CD?

    m.marien wrote:
    > You could, but would it work? IMHO I don't think so. The system is writing
    > to disk all the time so unless you could mount the root in a RAM disk it
    > wouldn't be able to run. Have you seen Knoppix. It is already done.
    >
    > http://www.knoppix.net/
    >
    > "Klang" wrote in message
    >
    >>Is it possible to install Fedora core on a CD or DVD? Can I somehow copy
    >>my hard disk installation onto a bootable CD or DVD?

    And use something like a flash memory stick, compact flash, or secure
    digital card for storing files.

    See also www.suse.com for their Live-Eval CD.

+ Reply to Thread