Berkeley DB 4.1 on RedHat 6.1? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Berkeley DB 4.1 on RedHat 6.1? - Redhat ; Hi, I need to install Berkeley DB 4.1 on an old RedHat 6.1 server. Would someone have advice on the best way? The only rpms I could find seem to be for RedHat 7 and higher. I suppose I could ...

  1. Berkeley DB 4.1 on RedHat 6.1?

    Hi,

    I need to install Berkeley DB 4.1 on an old RedHat 6.1 server. Would
    someone have advice on the best way? The only rpms I could find seem to
    be for RedHat 7 and higher.

    I suppose I could also compile it myself. But I'm afraid that if I
    replace the old Berkeley DB with a much newer one, some things may
    break. Or can several versions live alongside each other? I understand
    many programs may be using the Berkeley DB, but I'm not sure which, how,
    etc.

    Thanks for any advice,

    RD

  2. Re: Berkeley DB 4.1 on RedHat 6.1?

    R Duke wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to install Berkeley DB 4.1 on an old RedHat 6.1 server. Would
    > someone have advice on the best way? The only rpms I could find seem to
    > be for RedHat 7 and higher.
    >
    > I suppose I could also compile it myself. But I'm afraid that if I
    > replace the old Berkeley DB with a much newer one, some things may
    > break. Or can several versions live alongside each other? I understand
    > many programs may be using the Berkeley DB, but I'm not sure which, how,
    > etc.
    >
    > Thanks for any advice,
    >
    > RD

    Hi

    I didn't find 6.1 version but 5.2 and 5.2 versions I did find in

    ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/mirrors/ftp.redhat.com/redhat

    ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/mirrors/ftp.redhat.com/pub

    so you could look in either one of them

    Rgds Mika

+ Reply to Thread