Anyone know about DNS?? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Anyone know about DNS?? - Redhat ; Hi All, I'm going to ask a favor. I need some help possibly debugging my DNS setup. I run a web/mail server with multiple domains. The problem I have is that sometimes people cannot contact my server. Other times it ...

  1. Anyone know about DNS??

    Hi All,

    I'm going to ask a favor. I need some help possibly debugging my DNS
    setup.

    I run a web/mail server with multiple domains. The problem I have is
    that sometimes people cannot contact my server. Other times it seems
    to take more than 45 seconds for a page to draw. The results really
    have no pattern. So, I am thinking that maybe I have something set up
    wrong.

    I know next to nothing about Linux configuration.

    So, I was hoping that someone might help me out by suggesting which
    config files need to be looked at and looking at them.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Arthur

  2. Re: Anyone know about DNS??

    Arthur wrote:

    > Hi All,

    Do not multi-post.

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com

  3. Re: Anyone know about DNS??

    See what http://www.dnsreport.com/ has to say about your DNS.

    > I run a web/mail server with multiple domains. The problem I have is
    > that sometimes people cannot contact my server. Other times it seems
    > to take more than 45 seconds for a page to draw. The results really
    > have no pattern. So, I am thinking that maybe I have something set up
    > wrong.

    This sounds more like a network connectivity problem. Are you sure your
    Internet connection is fast and reliable?

    > So, I was hoping that someone might help me out by suggesting which
    > config files need to be looked at and looking at them.

    Check your connectivity first, with tools like ping and traceroute.
    There are also web sites which allow you to run these utilities from
    their location to your server. Check with the IP address first, so DNS
    is out of the equation.

+ Reply to Thread