Hard Disk - Redhat

This is a discussion on Hard Disk - Redhat ; Hello. I've got a problem when installing Red Hat 9. At the begining of the instalation it doesn't recognise my hard disk. It is a 120GB Seagate Serial ATA (ST3120026AS). A list of drivers is shown but my HD isn't ...

  1. Hard Disk

    Hello. I've got a problem when installing Red Hat 9. At the begining of the
    instalation it doesn't recognise my hard disk. It is a 120GB Seagate Serial
    ATA (ST3120026AS). A list of drivers is shown but my HD isn't there. If I
    choose other one then it can't go on with the instalation at the point of
    partition options.

    Can anyone help me please?

    Bye.

  2. Re: Hard Disk

    I am including below a message from Red Hat archives, someone got a 120G
    Seagate serial disk to install without any problems.

    The Red Hat hardware list says
    IDE controllers
    ATA-133, ATA-33 -- most controllers.
    If a device isn't mentioned specifically, it is usually supported under this
    category. The message below also mentions that there are some serial ATA
    drivers included in RH9.

    Re: Serial ATA support in Linux Red Hat

    ----

    From: "bobby j kirsch"
    Subject: Re: Serial ATA support in Linux Red Hat
    Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 01:15:44 -0500

    ----

    just thought i would try to help clear one up from all the things that have
    helped me here.

    I am running redhat 9.0 on a 120 gig seagate serial HD and it picked it up
    on installation. No probs. Hope this helps.