How to emulate the middle mouse button from two-button mouse. - Redhat

This is a discussion on How to emulate the middle mouse button from two-button mouse. - Redhat ; Hi Guru, I just installed redhat 7.2 successfully, and I want to configure my two-button mouse in order to paste text. I wonder how I am supposed to configure my X server, and then I can paste text in terminal. ...

  1. How to emulate the middle mouse button from two-button mouse.

    Hi Guru,

    I just installed redhat 7.2 successfully, and I want to configure my
    two-button mouse in order to paste text.
    I wonder how I am supposed to configure my X server, and then I can
    paste text in terminal.

    Thank you

    Chu nv

  2. Re: How to emulate the middle mouse button from two-button mouse.

    On 1 Apr 2004 15:07:06 -0800, chu_nv@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hi Guru,
    >
    > I just installed redhat 7.2 successfully, and I want to configure my
    > two-button mouse in order to paste text.
    > I wonder how I am supposed to configure my X server, and then I can
    > paste text in terminal.

    Click drag left button to select. Press both buttons at same time to
    emulate the third button to paste.

  3. Re: How to emulate the middle mouse button from two-button mouse.

    I have tried to press the two buttons at the same time, but that
    doesn't work like the third button. Please let me how I can figure it
    out.

    Thank you

  4. Re: How to emulate the middle mouse button from two-button mouse.

    In article , \
    chu_nv@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I have tried to press the two buttons at the same time, but that
    > doesn't work like the third button. Please let me how I can figure it
    > out.

    In /etc/X11/XF86Config, in the InputDevice section for the
    mouse, there is an Emulate3Buttons option. It would appear
    you might need to enable that option. (I've never done that
    myself, so I can't speak from experience.) On RHL 8.0 and
    9, use redhat-config-mouse if you want a GUI to configure
    that option. For earlier RHL, see whether there's a
    mouseconfig program, or try control-panel or linuxconf.

    Good luck.

    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net

  5. Re: How to emulate the middle mouse button from two-button mouse.

    Hi Robert,

    I solved the problem as your direction, and it works well.

    Thank you a lot

+ Reply to Thread