My HP VECTRA VL800 running Red Hat 7.1 refuses to stop but reboot - Redhat

This is a discussion on My HP VECTRA VL800 running Red Hat 7.1 refuses to stop but reboot - Redhat ; Hi everybody, I have tried to log a message on HP hotline but they still have the same answer : il must be a software problem. They say that, like in windows XP (sorry...), there must have an option such ...

  1. My HP VECTRA VL800 running Red Hat 7.1 refuses to stop but reboot

    Hi everybody,

    I have tried to log a message on HP hotline but they still have the same
    answer : il must be a software problem. They say that, like in windows XP
    (sorry...), there must have an option such as "On error, reboot". However, I
    have checked my /var/log/messages and when halting, it doesn't mention any
    problem when stopping my services. Despite that, it reboots even when trying
    shutdown -h now.

    Does anyone have even a small idea ?

    Thanks in advance...
    Best regards.

  2. Re: My HP VECTRA VL800 running Red Hat 7.1 refuses to stop but reboot

    On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 18:16:37 +0200, ej wrote:

    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > I have tried to log a message on HP hotline but they still have the same
    > answer : il must be a software problem. They say that, like in windows XP
    > (sorry...), there must have an option such as "On error, reboot". However,
    > I have checked my /var/log/messages and when halting, it doesn't mention
    > any problem when stopping my services. Despite that, it reboots even when
    > trying shutdown -h now.

    On error it displays an error, it doesn't re-boot... or at least it
    shouldn't.

    Your problem may be caused by a BIOS setting. Try turning off all of the
    power management in the BIOS and see if it still does it.

    --
    i.m.