Question about RHCE training courses - Redhat

This is a discussion on Question about RHCE training courses - Redhat ; I am signing up for the four courses taught by Red Hat that prepare for the RHCE exam. For those that have taken these courses, I'm wondering if it's feasible to take at least two of the courses back to ...

  1. Question about RHCE training courses

    I am signing up for the four courses taught by Red Hat that prepare
    for the RHCE exam. For those that have taken these courses, I'm
    wondering if it's feasible to take at least two of the courses back to
    back. In other words, taking, for instance, RH033 one week and RH133
    the very next week. If none of the courses are taken in succession,
    it will take several months to complete all four courses because they
    are offered no more than once a month. I know there is a lot of
    material to cover, but is it so much material that no two courses
    should be taken in succession?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Question about RHCE training courses

    beep wrote:
    > I am signing up for the four courses taught by Red Hat that prepare
    > for the RHCE exam. For those that have taken these courses, I'm
    > wondering if it's feasible to take at least two of the courses back to
    > back. In other words, taking, for instance, RH033 one week and RH133
    > the very next week. If none of the courses are taken in succession,
    > it will take several months to complete all four courses because they
    > are offered no more than once a month. I know there is a lot of
    > material to cover, but is it so much material that no two courses
    > should be taken in succession?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Beep,

    Depends on your experience.

    I only take the express course, 1 week plus exam.

    I have 7 years experience and passed 2 exams in the past, I just need to
    keep my certificate up2date.

    So your background must be known before we can advice you to give an advice.

    I see that novices have a lot of problem to get certified on SuSe within
    a year.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit

  3. Re: Question about RHCE training courses

    On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 11:44:23 -0700, beep wrote:

    > I am signing up for the four courses taught by Red Hat that prepare for
    > the RHCE exam. For those that have taken these courses, I'm wondering
    > if it's feasible to take at least two of the courses back to back. In
    > other words, taking, for instance, RH033 one week and RH133 the very
    > next week.

    It all depends on your stamina, but you shouldn't have any problem
    taking these two introductory classes back-to-back. If all your
    experience is on a M$ evil empire operating system, this immersion may
    actually be better for you.

    I'd not recommend this technique for the later courses unless you have
    at least a year's experience with UNIX/Linux/Solaris or something
    similar.

    HTH

+ Reply to Thread