the "media" folder missing - Redhat

This is a discussion on the "media" folder missing - Redhat ; Help£” Because of low speed, I stopped some services in my laptop yesterday, but now I found my "media" folder missing. And what's more, when I use my USB,there is an error message of "cannot obtain lock on / media/.hal-mtab" ...

  1. the "media" folder missing

    Help£”
    Because of low speed, I stopped some services in my laptop yesterday,
    but now I found my "media" folder missing. And what's more, when I
    use my USB,there is an error message of "cannot obtain lock on /
    media/.hal-mtab" ! Much Thanks!!

  2. Re: the "media" folder missing

    Franky wrote:
    > Help£”
    > Because of low speed, I stopped some services in my laptop yesterday,
    > but now I found my "media" folder missing. And what's more, when I
    > use my USB,there is an error message of "cannot obtain lock on /
    > media/.hal-mtab" ! Much Thanks!!

    Turn the services back on. I do not see how they can cause any noticeable
    slowing of a computer.

    --
    By Bush's definition of civil war the US has never had a civil war.
    -- The Iron Webmaster, 3733

  3. Re: the "media" folder missing

    On Mar 31, 3:53 am, Matt Giwer wrote:
    > Franky wrote:
    > > Help£”
    > > Because of low speed, I stopped some services in my laptop yesterday,
    > > but now I found my "media" folder missing. And what's more, when I
    > > use my USB,there is an error message of "cannot obtain lock on /
    > > media/.hal-mtab" ! Much Thanks!!

    > Turn the services back on. I do not see how they can cause any noticeable
    > slowing of a computer.
    >
    > --
    > By Bush's definition of civil war the US has never had a civil war.
    > -- The Iron Webmaster, 3733
    > nizkorhttp://www.giwersworld.org/nizkook/nizkook.phtml
    > flying saucershttp://www.giwersworld.org/flyingsa.htmla2

    Much Thanks ^_^