unable to login root - Redhat

This is a discussion on unable to login root - Redhat ; hi root is unable to login, in /etc/securetty file i have comment all the terminal except tty1, so that the root user can login in first terminal, when i create /etc/nologin to block local user to login the system, the ...

  1. unable to login root

    hi

    root is unable to login, in /etc/securetty file i have comment all the
    terminal except tty1, so that the root user can login in first
    terminal, when i create /etc/nologin to block local user to login the
    system, the root user is also block the root user is unable to login
    in all terminals except single user mode, can any one tell me how to
    block all local users and root user should login only in terminal one,
    waiting for reply.

    with thanks
    lakshman

  2. Re: unable to login root

    On Mar 28, 3:31 pm, "lucky" wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > root is unable to login, in /etc/securetty file i have comment all the
    > terminal except tty1, so that the root user can login in first
    > terminal, when i create /etc/nologin to block local user to login the
    > system, the root user is also block the root user is unable to login
    > in all terminals except single user mode, can any one tell me how to
    > block all local users and root user should login only in terminal one,
    > waiting for reply.
    >
    > with thanks
    > lakshman

    Hi,

    This can be resolved my some PAM Concepts.Look at the PAM resources

    Regards,

    Thiyagu

+ Reply to Thread