Can't install FC6 - Redhat

This is a discussion on Can't install FC6 - Redhat ; I have a Tyan Tiger 133 dual P3 that had been running FC2 for quite a while (and getting yum updates). Due to entropy and other problems I decided to upgrade to FC6. That didnt work. I tried to install ...

  1. Can't install FC6

    I have a Tyan Tiger 133 dual P3 that had been running FC2 for quite a
    while (and getting yum updates). Due to entropy and other problems I
    decided to upgrade to FC6. That didnt work. I tried to install FC4, FC5,
    and FC6 and none of the above will install. Amoung many problems, it wont
    detect the ATI card and says 'presume headless'. Is it hopeless?

  2. Re: Can't install FC6

    On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:50:21 -0400, Richard Head wrote this:

    > I have a Tyan Tiger 133 dual P3 that had been running FC2 for quite a
    > while (and getting yum updates). Due to entropy and other problems I
    > decided to upgrade to FC6. That didnt work. I tried to install FC4, FC5,
    > and FC6 and none of the above will install. Amoung many problems, it wont
    > detect the ATI card and says 'presume headless'. Is it hopeless?

    That's not enough information. Just try to install FC6. It should
    install using a basic vga driver. You'll get 640x480 resolution but
    FC6 should install. Don't remember the installation menus but pick the
    most basic options. Also, make sure your bios isn't using unusual values.

    Post specific errors and dialog. "presume headless" doesn't ring a bell.

  3. Re: Can't install FC6

    noi wrote:
    > On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:50:21 -0400, Richard Head wrote this:
    >

    >>I have a Tyan Tiger 133 dual P3 that had been running FC2 for quite a
    >>while (and getting yum updates). Due to entropy and other problems I
    >>decided to upgrade to FC6. That didnt work. I tried to install FC4, FC5,
    >>and FC6 and none of the above will install. Amoung many problems, it wont
    >>detect the ATI card and says 'presume headless'. Is it hopeless?

    > That's not enough information. Just try to install FC6. It should
    > install using a basic vga driver. You'll get 640x480 resolution but
    > FC6 should install. Don't remember the installation menus but pick the
    > most basic options. Also, make sure your bios isn't using unusual values.
    >
    > Post specific errors and dialog. "presume headless" doesn't ring a bell.

    Richard,

    Did you try a text mode install? If so, did that fail also?

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit

+ Reply to Thread