a problem about "su" command - Redhat

This is a discussion on a problem about "su" command - Redhat ; when I type "su" in the console ,there is no "need password" prompted, but only the cursor flashing. If some words is inputted, they arenot show in the hidden mode, and the curor flashing the last characters. "su --help" is ...

  1. a problem about "su" command

    when I type "su" in the console ,there is no "need password" prompted,
    but only the cursor flashing. If some words is inputted, they arenot
    show in the hidden mode, and the curor flashing the last characters.
    "su --help" is also just as the "su". this is some infomation of "su".

    -rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 102537 Mar 14 06:06 /bin/su

    I never miss those problem,and is puzzled now .
    Thanks for your attention.

    siqi

  2. Re: a problem about "su" command

    "siqi" a ¨¦crit dans le message de news:
    1174490129.173372.69060@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.c om...
    > when I type "su" in the console ,there is no "need password" prompted,
    > but only the cursor flashing. If some words is inputted, they arenot
    > show in the hidden mode, and the curor flashing the last characters.
    > "su --help" is also just as the "su". this is some infomation of "su".
    >
    > -rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 102537 Mar 14 06:06 /bin/su
    >
    > I never miss those problem,and is puzzled now .
    > Thanks for your attention.
    >
    > siqi

    What about an other user ? if you create a local user ? and try su - xxx ?
    What about root passwd and shadow ???

    Claude

+ Reply to Thread