Hi - Redhat

This is a discussion on Hi - Redhat ; Hi This is deb. I am new in this group. I am working as a linux system administrator in a comp.. Here i am facing with so many problems. Can any one tell me please, what is the activity of ...

  1. Hi

    Hi
    This is deb. I am new in this group. I am working as a linux system
    administrator in a comp..
    Here i am facing with so many problems. Can any one tell me please,
    what is the activity of this group? ....

    Regards
    deb

  2. Re: Hi

    In news:1173868861.605887.48350@b75g2000hsg.googlegro ups.com,
    deb wrote:

    > This is deb. I am new in this group. I am working as a linux system
    > administrator in a comp..
    > Here i am facing with so many problems. Can any one tell me please,
    > what is the activity of this group? ....

    http://groups.google.com/group/linux.redhat/topics

    The more specific information one provides, the more likely one is to
    receive what is sought.

  3. Re: Hi

    On 14 Mar 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup linux.redhat, in article
    <1173868861.605887.48350@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.c om>, AND in the
    Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux.redhat, in article
    <1173869331.706697.45860@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.c om>, "deb" wrote:

    >This is deb. I am new in this group. I am working as a linux system
    >administrator in a comp..

    I'm sure that is supposed to mean something. However the word "comp.."
    is quite ambiguous.

    > Here i am facing with so many problems. Can any one tell me please,
    >what is the activity of this group? ....

    http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
    http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
    http://www.ccd.bnl.gov/network/general/rfc1855.html
    http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc1855.html

    1855 Netiquette Guidelines. S. Hambridge. October 1995. (Format:
    TXT=46185 bytes) (Also FYI0028) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)

    3.1.1 General Guidelines for mailing lists and NetNews

    - Read both mailing lists and newsgroups for one to two months before
    you post anything. This helps you to get an understanding of
    the culture of the group.

    One to two months is a long time, and no one waits that long, but you are
    posting from a search engine - one that you can set to show the last few
    hundred postings.

    - If you feel an article will be of interest to more than one
    Newsgroup, be sure to CROSSPOST the article rather than individually
    post it to those groups. In general, probably only five-to-six
    groups will have similar enough interests to warrant this.

    So please do NOT send the same article to multiple newsgroups. That gets
    you identified as a spammer, and gets you into killfiles. That's probably
    not what you are looking for. 'Crossposting' is where you set a comma
    delimited list of newsgroups (again, 5 is almost certainly a limit) in the
    'Newsgroups:' header. BE SURE TO SET A 'Followup-To:' header as I have done
    here.

    So far this year, there have been 770 articles posted to the linux.redhat
    group, and 235 to alt.os.linux.redhat, so looking back 300 or so should
    show you what has been discussed over the past month or more. Generally
    speaking, it's random noise about Red Hat and Fedora Linux. On the 15th
    of every month, there is an article titled "List of Big Eight Newsgroups"
    posted to the news.announce.newgroups, news.groups, and news.lists.misc
    newsgroups. It lists 17 Usenet newsgroups relating to Linux. You'd have
    better luck reading those for a while.

    You'll find you have much quicker results if you use the search engine for
    it's intended purpose - searching for answers for specific questions. In
    all likelihood, your problem has already been discussed hundreds of times
    and the answer is available as quick as you reading it.

    Old guy

+ Reply to Thread