lib64 for X-Window Manager - Redhat

This is a discussion on lib64 for X-Window Manager - Redhat ; Hi, I'm using an HP 64bit WS with Red Hat Enterprise 4. I use this WS to run a Xilinx (FPGA Manufacturer) application that has a problem with the lib64 installed on this system as detailed here: http://china.xilinx.com/xlnx/xil_ans...ceihdffhdfjf.0 Xilinx suggests ...

  1. lib64 for X-Window Manager

    Hi,
    I'm using an HP 64bit WS with Red Hat Enterprise 4.

    I use this WS to run a Xilinx (FPGA Manufacturer) application that has
    a problem with the lib64 installed on this system as detailed here:
    http://china.xilinx.com/xlnx/xil_ans...ceihdffhdfjf.0

    Xilinx suggests to copy locally on my system all the lib64 dir of a
    Red Hat Enterprise 3 installation.
    Unfortunately I have no access to a 64bit machine with that version of
    Linux.

    I tried to send an email to Red Hat Support (I have activated my copy
    of Linux on the website), but I had no luck.

    Any suggestion to solve my problem?
    Anyone that has a Red Hat Enterprise 3 system could send me that
    library directory (/usr/X11R6/lib64)?

    Thanks in advance,
    Maurizio

  2. Re: lib64 for X-Window Manager

    maurizio.marchetti@aleniaspazio.it wrote:

    > Any suggestion to solve my problem?

    Why not download the 64-bit XFree86 libs and libGL[U] rpm packages for
    RHEL-3u8 from RHN and use rpm2cpio and cpio to extract and make your local
    copy???

    rpm2cpio < rpm_file_name> foo.cpio
    cpio -i -d < foo.cpio

    --
    Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted

  3. Re: lib64 for X-Window Manager

    On Mar 12, 6:02 pm, Lenard wrote:
    > maurizio.marche...@aleniaspazio.it wrote:
    > > Any suggestion to solve my problem?

    > Why not download the 64-bit XFree86 libs and libGL[U] rpm packages for
    > RHEL-3u8 from RHN and use rpm2cpio and cpio to extract and make your local
    > copy???
    >
    > rpm2cpio < rpm_file_name> foo.cpio
    > cpio -i -d < foo.cpio
    >
    > --
    > Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    > This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted
    > from accident, abuse, misapplication, abnormal use or a virus.

    Thank you for the hint!
    I'm a novice of Linux so I don't know exactly what packages to
    download.
    Could you help me?

    Tnx
    Maurizio

  4. Re: lib64 for X-Window Manager

    On Mar 12, 6:02 pm, Lenard wrote:
    > maurizio.marche...@aleniaspazio.it wrote:
    > > Any suggestion to solve my problem?

    > Why not download the 64-bit XFree86 libs and libGL[U] rpm packages for
    > RHEL-3u8 from RHN and use rpm2cpio and cpio to extract and make your local
    > copy???
    >
    > rpm2cpio < rpm_file_name> foo.cpio
    > cpio -i -d < foo.cpio
    >
    > --
    > Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    > This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted
    > from accident, abuse, misapplication, abnormal use or a virus.

    I am a Linux novice, so please could you specify me what are the
    packages that I have to download?

    Tnx a lot!
    Maurizio

  5. Re: lib64 for X-Window Manager

    maurizio.marchetti@aleniaspazio.it wrote:

    > I'm a novice of Linux so I don't know exactly what packages to
    > download.
    > Could you help me?

    Start with these;

    XFree86-Mesa-libGL-4.3.0-110.EL.x86_64.rpm
    XFree86-Mesa-libGLU-4.3.0-110.EL.x86_64.rpm
    XFree86-libs-4.3.0-110.EL.x86_64.rpm
    XFree86-libs-data-4.3.0-110.EL.x86_64.rpm

    --
    Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted
    from accident, abuse, misapplication, abnormal use or a virus.

  6. Re: lib64 for X-Window Manager

    On Mar 13, 1:20 pm, Lenard wrote:
    > maurizio.marche...@aleniaspazio.it wrote:
    > > I'm a novice of Linux so I don't know exactly what packages to
    > > download.
    > > Could you help me?

    > Start with these;
    >
    > XFree86-Mesa-libGL-4.3.0-110.EL.x86_64.rpm
    > XFree86-Mesa-libGLU-4.3.0-110.EL.x86_64.rpm
    > XFree86-libs-4.3.0-110.EL.x86_64.rpm
    > XFree86-libs-data-4.3.0-110.EL.x86_64.rpm
    >
    > --
    > Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    > This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted
    > from accident, abuse, misapplication, abnormal use or a virus.

    I followed your suggestion but it is not sufficient.
    What other packages can I install?

    Maurizio

  7. Re: lib64 for X-Window Manager

    Hi,
    strange question ?
    Why this package ?
    You can see . . . that is for lib 64 bits ? and for INTEL (X86)
    So now with .rpm you have a file .txt if you read it you can see what about
    this package ???

    Claude

    a écrit dans le message de news:
    1173804180.523713.219050@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups. com...
    > On Mar 13, 1:20 pm, Lenard wrote:
    >> maurizio.marche...@aleniaspazio.it wrote:
    >> > I'm a novice of Linux so I don't know exactly what packages to
    >> > download.
    >> > Could you help me?

    >> Start with these;
    >>
    >> XFree86-Mesa-libGL-4.3.0-110.EL.x86_64.rpm
    >> XFree86-Mesa-libGLU-4.3.0-110.EL.x86_64.rpm
    >> XFree86-libs-4.3.0-110.EL.x86_64.rpm
    >> XFree86-libs-data-4.3.0-110.EL.x86_64.rpm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    >> This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted
    >> from accident, abuse, misapplication, abnormal use or a virus.

    > I followed your suggestion but it is not sufficient.
    > What other packages can I install?
    >
    > Maurizio

+ Reply to Thread