RHEL 4 installation question - Redhat

This is a discussion on RHEL 4 installation question - Redhat ; I need to install RHEL 4 AS on a pc from scratch. Right now this pc is running windows. I want to completely wipe out the hard disk and install RHEL 4. Do I need to reformat the hard drive ...

  1. RHEL 4 installation question

    I need to install RHEL 4 AS on a pc from scratch. Right now this pc is
    running windows.
    I want to completely wipe out the hard disk and install RHEL 4. Do I
    need to reformat the hard drive first?

  2. Re: RHEL 4 installation question

    kbhakt@gmail.com wrote:

    > I need to install RHEL 4 AS on a pc from scratch. Right now this pc is
    > running windows.
    > I want to completely wipe out the hard disk and install RHEL 4. Do I
    > need to reformat the hard drive first?

    Nope, the install process will do this for you.

    --
    Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted

  3. Re: RHEL 4 installation question

    Hai

    If you want both windows/linux then first make Fdisk partitions for
    windows/linux dual boot then do Linux partitions creation and linux
    installation.

    You can get full information at
    http://technodata.blogspot.com

  4. Re: RHEL 4 installation question

    On Mar 7, 3:14 pm, Lenard wrote:
    > kbh...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I need to install RHEL 4 AS on a pc from scratch. Right now this pc is
    > > running windows.
    > > I want to completely wipe out the hard disk and install RHEL 4. Do I
    > > need to reformat the hard drive first?

    > Nope, the install process will do this for you.
    >
    > --
    > Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    > This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted
    > from accident, abuse, misapplication, abnormal use or a virus.

    I changed the boot sequence for the pc by going into BIOS setting to
    boot from CD-ROM.
    I put RHEL disk1 in the cd drive. After switching pc off and on, it
    went to memory test. After that it gave a prompt
    Boot from CD :

    I pressed entered several times. It was trying to read from the cd and
    nothing was happening. After some minutes, it started windows 2000.

    Please help in this.
    Thanks

  5. Re: RHEL 4 installation question

    kbhakt@gmail.com writes:

    > On Mar 7, 3:14 pm, Lenard wrote:
    > > kbh...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > > I need to install RHEL 4 AS on a pc from scratch. Right now this pc is
    > > > running windows.
    > > > I want to completely wipe out the hard disk and install RHEL 4. Do I
    > > > need to reformat the hard drive first?

    > > Nope, the install process will do this for you.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    > > This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted
    > > from accident, abuse, misapplication, abnormal use or a virus.

    > I changed the boot sequence for the pc by going into BIOS setting to
    > boot from CD-ROM.
    > I put RHEL disk1 in the cd drive. After switching pc off and on, it
    > went to memory test. After that it gave a prompt
    > Boot from CD :
    >
    > I pressed entered several times. It was trying to read from the cd and
    > nothing was happening. After some minutes, it started windows 2000.

    While you're in Windows, open the CD. What do you see?

    Scott
    --
    Scott Hemphill hemphill@alumni.caltech.edu
    "This isn't flying. This is falling, with style." -- Buzz Lightyear

+ Reply to Thread