Gimp and EPSON CX5000 - Redhat

This is a discussion on Gimp and EPSON CX5000 - Redhat ; I just bought an EPSON CX5000 printer because Linux support is pretty good. I have it working for most things in my KDE-based setup on FC5, except for The Gimp. First of all, it seems I have to tell Gimp ...

  1. Gimp and EPSON CX5000

    I just bought an EPSON CX5000 printer because Linux support is pretty good.
    I have it working for most things in my KDE-based setup on FC5, except for
    The Gimp. First of all, it seems I have to tell Gimp all over again what
    printer driver to use, and when I try to there's no listing for my printer,
    nor for the CX4800 which is supposed to be compatible, though there is for
    a CX5200. I've tried that driver and all I get is a series of pages spit
    out, some with random characters. I've Googled around and this is supposed
    to be easy, but still it eludes me. Any others out there with this printer?

  2. Re: Gimp and EPSON CX5000

    Jerome wrote:

    > I just bought an EPSON CX5000 printer because Linux support is pretty
    > good. I have it working for most things in my KDE-based setup on FC5,
    > except for The Gimp. First of all, it seems I have to tell Gimp all over
    > again what printer driver to use, and when I try to there's no listing for
    > my printer, nor for the CX4800 which is supposed to be compatible, though
    > there is for a CX5200. I've tried that driver and all I get is a series of
    > pages spit out, some with random characters. I've Googled around and this
    > is supposed to be easy, but still it eludes me. Any others out there with
    > this printer?

    I have the same problem with a DeskJet 5550. Doesn't show up in the printer
    dialogues although I have installed Gutenprint (Gimpprint) which supposedly
    does support it. Anyone have any ideas?

  3. Re: Gimp and EPSON CX5000

    Don Hickey wrote:
    > Jerome wrote:
    >
    >> I just bought an EPSON CX5000 printer because Linux support is pretty
    >> good. I have it working for most things in my KDE-based setup on FC5,
    >> except for The Gimp. First of all, it seems I have to tell Gimp all over
    >> again what printer driver to use, and when I try to there's no listing for
    >> my printer, nor for the CX4800 which is supposed to be compatible, though
    >> there is for a CX5200. I've tried that driver and all I get is a series of
    >> pages spit out, some with random characters. I've Googled around and this
    >> is supposed to be easy, but still it eludes me. Any others out there with
    >> this printer?

    > I have the same problem with a DeskJet 5550. Doesn't show up in the printer
    > dialogues although I have installed Gutenprint (Gimpprint) which supposedly
    > does support it. Anyone have any ideas?

    I use a HP 5550 printer. To get Gimp to print correctly, I have to
    remove -oraw from the Command line under the Setup Printer dialog.

    Craig

+ Reply to Thread