Problem connecting RH9 to Linksys WRT54GR router. - Redhat

This is a discussion on Problem connecting RH9 to Linksys WRT54GR router. - Redhat ; Hi, I have a Linksys router WRT54GR version 1.1. I have installed the latest firmware version 1.03. I have a wired connection to a PC. The PC is dual boot. When I run Windows 98SE everthing is working fine. When ...

  1. Problem connecting RH9 to Linksys WRT54GR router.

    Hi,

    I have a Linksys router WRT54GR version 1.1. I have installed the latest
    firmware version 1.03.
    I have a wired connection to a PC. The PC is dual boot. When I run
    Windows 98SE everthing is working fine. When I boot RetHat 9 I can't get
    an internet connection. I get the error message:

    "Determining IP information for eth0 ... failed.

    Before this router I had another router (Sitecom broadband router) with
    which I had no problems with Linux.

    Does somebody know how I can get my connection working.

    Erwin

  2. Re: Problem connecting RH9 to Linksys WRT54GR router.

    Op 12-2-2007 23:06, Erwin Waterlander schreef:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Linksys router WRT54GR version 1.1. I have installed the latest
    > firmware version 1.03.
    > I have a wired connection to a PC. The PC is dual boot. When I run
    > Windows 98SE everthing is working fine. When I boot RetHat 9 I can't get
    > an internet connection. I get the error message:
    >
    > "Determining IP information for eth0 ... failed.
    >
    > Before this router I had another router (Sitecom broadband router) with
    > which I had no problems with Linux.
    >
    > Does somebody know how I can get my connection working.
    >
    > Erwin

    The problem was resolved when I replaced my old network card, a 3Com
    EtherLink III PCI, with a new one.

    Erwin

+ Reply to Thread