Is anyone using Xen to run W2K on FC6? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Is anyone using Xen to run W2K on FC6? - Redhat ; I've been using Parallels to run W2K on FC6 but it's a little buggy. I was wondering if the version of Xen that's included in Fedora Core 6 can run W2K and if so how well does it work. Thanks,...

  1. Is anyone using Xen to run W2K on FC6?

    I've been using Parallels to run W2K on FC6 but it's a little buggy. I was
    wondering if the version of Xen that's included in Fedora Core 6 can run
    W2K and if so how well does it work.

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Is anyone using Xen to run W2K on FC6?

    * General Schvantzkoph wrote in comp.os.linux.misc:

    > I've been using Parallels to run W2K on FC6 but it's a little buggy. I
    > was wondering if the version of Xen that's included in Fedora Core 6
    > can run W2K and if so how well does it work.
    >
    > Thanks,

    Will Vmaware not work for you?

    I just got XP and 2003 server running in Vmware on Ubuntu with no issues.

    --
    David

  3. Re: Is anyone using Xen to run W2K on FC6?

    On 2006-12-27, General Schvantzkoph wrote:

    > I've been using Parallels to run W2K on FC6 but it's a little buggy. I was
    > wondering if the version of Xen that's included in Fedora Core 6 can run
    > W2K and if so how well does it work.

    I've not tried Xen, but I've been using Qemu to run Win2K for a
    a month or two on one of my Gentoo boxes and haven't had any
    problems with it.

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! If you STAY in China,
    at I'll give you 4,000 BUSHELS

  4. Re: Is anyone using Xen to run W2K on FC6?

    On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 21:55:29 +0000, SINNER wrote:

    > * General Schvantzkoph wrote in comp.os.linux.misc:
    >
    >> I've been using Parallels to run W2K on FC6 but it's a little buggy. I
    >> was wondering if the version of Xen that's included in Fedora Core 6
    >> can run W2K and if so how well does it work.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>

    > Will Vmaware not work for you?
    >
    > I just got XP and 2003 server running in Vmware on Ubuntu with no issues.

    VMWare would probably work, the reason that I'm asking about Xen is that
    it's already integrated into FC6.

+ Reply to Thread