httpd starts and is running but getting a connection refused error - Redhat

This is a discussion on httpd starts and is running but getting a connection refused error - Redhat ; I'm running RHEL 4 and everything was working fine up until I went away for the weekend. When I came back, I booted my RHEL 4 box and all the processes started, including httpd. However, when I try to access ...

  1. httpd starts and is running but getting a connection refused error

    I'm running RHEL 4 and everything was working fine up until I went away
    for the weekend. When I came back, I booted my RHEL 4 box and all the
    processes started, including httpd. However, when I try to access it
    either as localhost, IP address or any other alias, I get a "connection
    refused" error. Before I ask for help fixing it, can someone tell me
    where to start looking in logs or anywhere on the files system? I
    start and stop the service from the admin gui, or from the command line
    but no matter what I do, I still get the "connection refused" error.

  2. Re: httpd starts and is running but getting a connection refusederror

    printdude1968@gmail.com wrote:
    > I'm running RHEL 4 and everything was working fine up until I went away
    > for the weekend. When I came back, I booted my RHEL 4 box and all the
    > processes started, including httpd. However, when I try to access it
    > either as localhost, IP address or any other alias, I get a "connection
    > refused" error. Before I ask for help fixing it, can someone tell me
    > where to start looking in logs or anywhere on the files system? I
    > start and stop the service from the admin gui, or from the command line
    > but no matter what I do, I still get the "connection refused" error.

    Print Dude,

    did you try this?

    telnet localhost 80

    tail /var/log/messages