How to turn off "showing window content when dragging" in FC5? - Redhat

This is a discussion on How to turn off "showing window content when dragging" in FC5? - Redhat ; I've tried to find the place where I can turn off the annoying "showing window content while dragging" for 30 min now - could anyone tell me where I can do that? This is FC5 and I want to optimize ...

  1. How to turn off "showing window content when dragging" in FC5?

    I've tried to find the place where I can turn off the annoying "showing
    window content while dragging" for 30 min now - could anyone tell me
    where I can do that? This is FC5 and I want to optimize my VNC
    experience. Thanks a lot!

  2. Re: How to turn off "showing window content when dragging" in FC5?

    "fortepianissimo" writes:

    > I've tried to find the place where I can turn off the annoying "showing
    > window content while dragging" for 30 min now - could anyone tell me
    > where I can do that? This is FC5 and I want to optimize my VNC
    > experience.

    Doesn't that depend on your window manager and/or desktop? I use fvwm and
    it's an easy change in the config file, and/or on the fly.

    -- HASM

  3. Re: How to turn off "showing window content when dragging" in FC5?

    HASM wrote:
    > "fortepianissimo" writes:
    >
    > > I've tried to find the place where I can turn off the annoying "showing
    > > window content while dragging" for 30 min now - could anyone tell me
    > > where I can do that? This is FC5 and I want to optimize my VNC
    > > experience.

    > Doesn't that depend on your window manager and/or desktop? I use fvwm and
    > it's an easy change in the config file, and/or on the fly.
    >
    > -- HASM

    Sorry that I forgot to mention I'm using Gnome with Metacity. Any tips?

  4. Re: How to turn off "showing window content when dragging" in FC5?

    fortepianissimo wrote:
    > HASM wrote:
    > > "fortepianissimo" writes:
    > >
    > > > I've tried to find the place where I can turn off the annoying "showing
    > > > window content while dragging" for 30 min now - could anyone tell me
    > > > where I can do that? This is FC5 and I want to optimize my VNC
    > > > experience.

    > > Doesn't that depend on your window manager and/or desktop? I use fvwm and
    > > it's an easy change in the config file, and/or on the fly.
    > >
    > > -- HASM

    > Sorry that I forgot to mention I'm using Gnome with Metacity. Any tips?

    Found the answer in another group:

    Trond wrote:
    > Run this command:

    > gconftool-2 --type bool --set /apps/metacity/general/reduced_resources
    > true

    > You do not have to run it as root.

    Nice tip! I searched a bit further and found this piece

    http://www.redhat.com/magazine/001no...s/tips_tricks/

    Hope this is useful for others too.

    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread