changing resolution in KDE fedora core 6 - Redhat

This is a discussion on changing resolution in KDE fedora core 6 - Redhat ; Hi I have been trying out KDE in Fedora core 6 it seems to work better than any of the other distros The only thing I can't figure out is how to change the resolution. I go to display..set the ...

  1. changing resolution in KDE fedora core 6

    Hi
    I have been trying out KDE in Fedora core 6 it seems to work better than
    any of the other distros The only thing I can't figure out is how to
    change the resolution. I go to display..set the resolution but when I log
    back in the settings are the same. Any help would be appreciated
    TIA Steve

  2. Re: changing resolution in KDE fedora core 6

    steve wrote:

    > Hi
    > I have been trying out KDE in Fedora core 6 it seems to work better than
    > any of the other distros The only thing I can't figure out is how to
    > change the resolution. I go to display..set the resolution but when I log
    > back in the settings are the same. Any help would be appreciated
    > TIA Steve

    You need to restart the X-windows interface (as root) for this to work. Log
    out of the KDE session at the log on screen press the three key combo of
    Ctrl+Alt+ F1 (to F6)

    Log on as root and type something like;

    init 3

    (Note: You may need to press the 'Enter' key after the last green {OK]
    message is displayed)

    init 5

    Then go back to using the same three key combo and log off as root, to get
    back to the GUI log on screen press the three key combo of Ctrl+Alt+F7

    If that does not fix the resolution issue try once more and use the command
    as root after using the 'init 3' command;

    system-config-display --reconfig --set-resolution=1024x768 --set depth=16

    Feel free to try other resolution(s) values that work for your graphics
    hardware. The /etc/X11/xorg.conf file can be edited with any text editor to
    support multiple resolution possibilities.

    --
    Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted

  3. Re: changing resolution in KDE fedora core 6

    steve wrote:
    > Hi
    > I have been trying out KDE in Fedora core 6 it seems to work better than
    > any of the other distros The only thing I can't figure out is how to
    > change the resolution. I go to display..set the resolution but when I log
    > back in the settings are the same. Any help would be appreciated
    > TIA Steve

    From the main KDE control panel go to peripherals-display and you will have a
    choice of resolutions.

+ Reply to Thread