NFS version 3 or 4 - Redhat

This is a discussion on NFS version 3 or 4 - Redhat ; Hello... Does somebody know how to force NFS to work only in version 3 or 4 (stopping version 2) in CentOS 4.4. It's because I want to copy through the network files bigger than 2GB (which only allows you to ...

  1. NFS version 3 or 4

    Hello...
    Does somebody know how to force NFS to work only in version 3 or 4
    (stopping version 2) in CentOS 4.4. It's because I want to copy through
    the network files bigger than 2GB (which only allows you to copy files
    until 2GB big). I am mounting a CentOS exported folder into a SCO box,
    but it doesn't let me copy the big files that I want, with an
    automatized process in this SCO box.

    Thanks for your help.

  2. Re: NFS version 3 or 4

    hwlyo wrote:
    > Hello...
    > Does somebody know how to force NFS to work only in version 3 or 4
    > (stopping version 2) in CentOS 4.4. It's because I want to copy through
    > the network files bigger than 2GB (which only allows you to copy files
    > until 2GB big). I am mounting a CentOS exported folder into a SCO box,
    > but it doesn't let me copy the big files that I want, with an
    > automatized process in this SCO box.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    hwlyo,

    In the man page of nfs on RHEL ES 4U4 it says use :

    the mountoption: nfsver=3 for NFS version 3
    or
    the mountoption: nfs4 for NFS version 4 (this option is not supported
    on my machine, maybe I am not running the latest NFS server)

    It doesn't says whether or not these mountoptions can be used in the
    same mount command.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

  3. Re: NFS version 3 or 4

    Jan,

    The mount command that I have to execute is in the SCO box and doesn't
    work the same as Centos (or RedHat).

    The reason why I want to do is force Centos to export (as NFS server)
    the version 3 or 4 because Centos has always more options...

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread