controlling downloadspeed ? - Redhat

This is a discussion on controlling downloadspeed ? - Redhat ; Hey Is there any way that I can control the speed wich my users are downloading from the internet with ? I have my linuxbox acting as a router bewteen the LAN and the internet... Say, I want to max ...

  1. controlling downloadspeed ?

    Hey

    Is there any way that I can control the speed wich my users are downloading
    from the internet with ?

    I have my linuxbox acting as a router bewteen the LAN and the internet...

    Say, I want to max 10.0.0.10's download speed to 50kb/sec and 10.0.0.11's
    speed to 100kb/sec

    Is that possible ?

    Regards Jacob

  2. Re: controlling downloadspeed ?

    On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:23:45 +0200, Jacob d'Andrade wrote:

    > Is there any way that I can control the speed wich my users are downloading
    > from the internet with ?

    Yes. Google "linux QoS traffic shaper" and find some good info, such
    as:

    http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Adv-Routin...it.single.html

    Cheers

  3. Re: controlling downloadspeed ?

    "Tommy Reynolds" skrev i en meddelelse
    newsan.2006.04.18.13.50.19.646532@MegaCoder.com...
    > On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:23:45 +0200, Jacob d'Andrade wrote:
    >
    >> Is there any way that I can control the speed wich my users are
    >> downloading
    >> from the internet with ?

    > Yes. Google "linux QoS traffic shaper" and find some good info, such
    > as:
    >
    > http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Adv-Routin...it.single.html
    >
    > Cheers

    Thanks! :-)