And another thing! - Redhat

This is a discussion on And another thing! - Redhat ; Why do I download and burn five (six with the Rescue CD) Redhat ISO images and only use the first two? Just curious, since most of the install is on CD 1 -- and a little bit of it is ...

  1. And another thing!

    Why do I download and burn five (six with the Rescue CD) Redhat ISO images
    and only use the first two? Just curious, since most of the install is on
    CD 1 -- and a little bit of it is on CD 2, what's on 3-5? I'm guessing KDE
    stuff comes in there...but couldn't there be selective FC CD sets? Like
    for example, If you want the standard Gnome install, download CDs 1 and 2.
    Is all the source there also? Sorry for the stupid question.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  2. Re: And another thing!

    RonB wrote:
    > Why do I download and burn five (six with the Rescue CD) Redhat ISO images
    > and only use the first two? Just curious, since most of the install is on
    > CD 1 -- and a little bit of it is on CD 2, what's on 3-5? I'm guessing KDE
    > stuff comes in there...but couldn't there be selective FC CD sets? Like
    > for example, If you want the standard Gnome install, download CDs 1 and 2.
    > Is all the source there also? Sorry for the stupid question.

    This one is easy to fix.
    Just download the rescue.iso and install FC with one of the network
    options. FTP or HTTP.
    This is what I'm using, no need to change CD's and installer takes all
    the files it needs. No extra downloads...

    -M

  3. Re: And another thing!

    Marko Nurmenniemi wrote:
    > RonB wrote:
    >
    >> Why do I download and burn five (six with the Rescue CD) Redhat ISO
    >> images and only use the first two? Just curious, since most of the
    >> install is on CD 1 -- and a little bit of it is on CD 2, what's on
    >> 3-5? I'm guessing KDE stuff comes in there...but couldn't there be
    >> selective FC CD sets? Like for example, If you want the standard Gnome
    >> install, download CDs 1 and 2. Is all the source there also? Sorry for
    >> the stupid question.

    > This one is easy to fix.
    > Just download the rescue.iso and install FC with one of the network
    > options. FTP or HTTP.
    > This is what I'm using, no need to change CD's and installer takes all
    > the files it needs. No extra downloads...

    NOW you tell me! :~] (Anyone want a set of five FC5 CDs?) On second
    thought, I may not be near high speed Internet when I've got a machine
    that can really run FC5.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"