Flashplayer problems - Redhat

This is a discussion on Flashplayer problems - Redhat ; Hi I'm running fc5 I have installed flashplayer but every time I go where it is needed I'm asked to install it I'm running firefox 1.5.0.1 and konqueror Any idea Thanks DCampa...

  1. Flashplayer problems

    Hi

    I'm running fc5 I have installed flashplayer but
    every time I go where it is needed
    I'm asked to install it
    I'm running firefox 1.5.0.1 and konqueror
    Any idea

    Thanks
    DCampa

  2. Re: Flashplayer problems

    "DCampa" wrote in message

    > I'm running fc5 I have installed flashplayer but
    > every time I go where it is needed
    > I'm asked to install it

    You installed the *.so file ... where? You probably need a symlink from the
    Firefox plugins directory to the flashplayer.

  3. Re: Flashplayer problems

    ynotssor a écrit :
    > "DCampa" wrote in message
    >
    >> I'm running fc5 I have installed flashplayer but
    >> every time I go where it is needed
    >> I'm asked to install it

    > You installed the *.so file ... where? You probably need a symlink from the
    > Firefox plugins directory to the flashplayer.

    HI
    I used the flashplayer-installer with no luch
    I copied the *.so and the *.xpt file in the plugins directory
    of firefox no luch
    I tried an automatic install no luch
    Now I will try with a symlink

  4. Re: Flashplayer problems

    DCampa wrote:

    > ynotssor a écrit :
    >> "DCampa" wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I'm running fc5 I have installed flashplayer but
    >>> every time I go where it is needed
    >>> I'm asked to install it

    >> You installed the *.so file ... where? You probably need a symlink from
    >> the Firefox plugins directory to the flashplayer.
    >>

    > HI
    > I used the flashplayer-installer with no luch
    > I copied the *.so and the *.xpt file in the plugins directory
    > of firefox no luch
    > I tried an automatic install no luch
    > Now I will try with a symlink

    Are you running a 64-bit OS and firefox browser??? If yes then this will not
    work. The flashplayer is 32-bit only and requires the 32-bit firefox
    browser. And yes (bug in the installer) you have to manually copy the two
    files to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins (create the folder if needed).

    uname -a

    rpm -qa --queryformat="%{n}-%{v}-%{r}.%{arch}.rpm\n" firefox

    --
    "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours,
    Anything that runs on that computer, you should have control over."

  5. Re: Flashplayer problems

    Lenard wrote:
    > DCampa wrote:
    >

    >>ynotssor a écrit :
    >>
    >>>"DCampa" wrote in message

    >>>You installed the *.so file ... where? You probably need a symlink from
    >>>the Firefox plugins directory to the flashplayer.
    >>>

    >>HI
    >>I used the flashplayer-installer with no luch
    >>I copied the *.so and the *.xpt file in the plugins directory
    >>of firefox no luch
    >>I tried an automatic install no luch
    >>Now I will try with a symlink

    > Are you running a 64-bit OS and firefox browser??? If yes then this will not
    > work. The flashplayer is 32-bit only and requires the 32-bit firefox
    > browser. And yes (bug in the installer) you have to manually copy the two
    > files to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins (create the folder if needed).
    >
    > uname -a
    >
    > rpm -qa --queryformat="%{n}-%{v}-%{r}.%{arch}.rpm\n" firefox

    I'm running a 32-bit os and
    rpm -qa --queryformat="%{n}-%{v}-%{r}.%{arch}.rpm\n" firefox
    gives this "firefox-1.5.0.1-9.i386.rpm"

    uname -a gives this
    Linux skynet.be 2.6.16-1.2080_FC5 #1 Tue Mar 28 03:38:34 EST 2006 i686
    athlon i386 GNU/Linux

    I havd copied the two files in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins no luck
    I havd copied the two files in /usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.1/plugins no luck

    I tried with symlink no luck -

    very strange but running suse 10.0 or mandriva 2006 all is ok

  6. Re: Flashplayer problems

    DCampa wrote:

    >> Are you running a 64-bit OS and firefox browser??? If yes then this will
    >> not work. The flashplayer is 32-bit only and requires the 32-bit firefox
    >> browser. And yes (bug in the installer) you have to manually copy the two
    >> files to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins (create the folder if needed).
    >>
    >> uname -a
    >>
    >> rpm -qa --queryformat="%{n}-%{v}-%{r}.%{arch}.rpm\n" firefox
    >>

    > I'm running a 32-bit os and
    > rpm -qa --queryformat="%{n}-%{v}-%{r}.%{arch}.rpm\n" firefox
    > gives this "firefox-1.5.0.1-9.i386.rpm"

    OK, had to ask because the 64-bit does not work with 32-bit plugins;

    As a test I downloaded/installed the firefox-1.5.0.1-9.i386.rpm from FC5 and
    the flash-plugin works just fine, so firefox is not the problem. The only
    thing left that I can think of is this (make sure your using the
    flash-plugin listed);

    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla....cgi?id=184028

    And yes this is strange, like I said it works on my laptop using the FC5
    version of firefox installed. It's a custom CentOS-4.3 x86_64 Linux based
    install.

    --
    "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours,
    Anything that runs on that computer, you should have control over."
    Andrew Moss, Microsoft's senior director of technical policy, 2005

+ Reply to Thread