[Q] can NOT umount file system??? - Redhat

This is a discussion on [Q] can NOT umount file system??? - Redhat ; We have Redhat AS 3.4 on DELL server. One of file system mount from SAN can NOT "umount" even NO process relate to it. Can anyone tell me how to umount it without reboot. Thanks. # umount /u5 umount: /u5: ...

  1. [Q] can NOT umount file system???

    We have Redhat AS 3.4 on DELL server. One of file system mount from SAN can
    NOT "umount" even NO process relate to it. Can anyone tell me how to umount it
    without reboot.

    Thanks.

    # umount /u5
    umount: /u5: device is busy
    # fuser /u5
    /u5:
    No process references; use -v for the complete list
    # lsof /u5
    # fuser -km /u5
    # umount /u5
    umount: /u5: device is busy

  2. Re: [Q] can NOT umount file system???

    aaa wrote:

    > We have Redhat AS 3.4 on DELL server. One of file system mount from SAN
    > can
    > NOT "umount" even NO process relate to it. Can anyone tell me how to
    > umount it without reboot.

    See 'man umount' for the details; umount /u5 -f

    --
    "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours,
    Anything that runs on that computer, you should have control over."

+ Reply to Thread