FC5 on nforce 3 SATA controller - Redhat

This is a discussion on FC5 on nforce 3 SATA controller - Redhat ; Hi, I have the Asus K8N mobo with the nforce 3 SATA controller. I had tried installing FC4 on it but it failed and could not detect the hard disk. Has this issue been resolved in FC5 ?? regards Dhiraj...

  1. FC5 on nforce 3 SATA controller

    Hi,
    I have the Asus K8N mobo with the nforce 3 SATA controller. I had
    tried installing FC4 on it but it failed and could not detect the hard
    disk. Has this issue been resolved in FC5 ??
    regards
    Dhiraj

  2. Re: FC5 on nforce 3 SATA controller

    Have you ever tried dmraid?

    Greetings,

    Matthäus

  3. Re: FC5 on nforce 3 SATA controller

    And if I'm informed correctly, FC5 supports dmraid in the installer.
    At least FC5 Test3 was capable of installing on a fake-raid device (See:
    http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/releas...st3-latest-en/)

    > 5.1.1. Changes In The Installer
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > * Full support of dmraid (disabled by default). To enable

    that feature, add this option to the boot command line:

    > dmraid

    Greetings,

    Matthäus

    Matthäus Banach schrieb: