FC5 missing mwm? - Redhat

This is a discussion on FC5 missing mwm? - Redhat ; I'm upgrading from RH8 to Fedorca Core 5 but can't find mwm, the Motif Window Manager. I've looked on all 5 CDs for a package starting with mwm but found nothing. Where should I be looking? ------------- Get FREE newsgroup ...

  1. FC5 missing mwm?

    I'm upgrading from RH8 to Fedorca Core 5 but can't find mwm, the Motif
    Window Manager. I've looked on all 5 CDs for a package starting with mwm
    but found nothing. Where should I be looking?

    -------------
    Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com

  2. Re: FC5 missing mwm?

    "Jeffrey Ross" wrote in message

    > I'm upgrading from RH8 to Fedorca Core 5 but can't find mwm, the Motif
    > Window Manager. I've looked on all 5 CDs for a package starting with
    > mwm but found nothing. Where should I be looking?

    Perhaps it's OpenMotif* ?

  3. Re: FC5 missing mwm?

    On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup linux.redhat, in article
    <1143773673.457008@hosting.ispresults.com>, Jeffrey Ross wrote:
    >I'm upgrading from RH8 to Fedorca Core 5 but can't find mwm, the Motif
    >Window Manager. I've looked on all 5 CDs for a package starting with mwm
    >but found nothing. Where should I be looking?

    Under a rock? mwm hasn't been included with Red Hat since the 6.2
    powertool CD in 2000.

    Old guy

  4. Re: FC5 missing mwm?

    "Moe Trin" wrote in message
    > On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup linux.redhat, in article
    > <1143773673.457008@hosting.ispresults.com>, Jeffrey Ross wrote:
    > >I'm upgrading from RH8 to Fedorca Core 5 but can't find mwm, the Motif
    > >Window Manager. I've looked on all 5 CDs for a package starting with mwm
    > >but found nothing. Where should I be looking?

    > Under a rock? mwm hasn't been included with Red Hat since the 6.2
    > powertool CD in 2000.
    >
    > Old guy

    ynotssor was right - openmotif-2.3.0-0.1.9.2 on CD#4 installs /usr/bin/mwm

    -------------
    Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com

  5. Re: FC5 missing mwm?

    "ynotssor" wrote in message
    > "Jeffrey Ross" wrote in message
    >
    > > I'm upgrading from RH8 to Fedorca Core 5 but can't find mwm, the Motif
    > > Window Manager. I've looked on all 5 CDs for a package starting with
    > > mwm but found nothing. Where should I be looking?

    > Perhaps it's OpenMotif* ?

    Thanks Tony. You are correct. openmotif-2.3.0-0.1.9.2 installs
    /usr/bin/mwm

    -------------
    Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com

  6. Re: FC5 missing mwm?

    >>> I'm upgrading from RH8 to Fedorca Core 5 but can't find mwm, the
    >>> Motif Window Manager. I've looked on all 5 CDs for a package
    >>> starting with mwm but found nothing. Where should I be looking?

    >> Perhaps it's OpenMotif* ?

    > Thanks Tony. You are correct. openmotif-2.3.0-0.1.9.2 installs
    > /usr/bin/mwm

    Sorry for the caps ... I should've remembered that rpms are all lower-case
    names.

+ Reply to Thread