FC4 Gnome Menu - Redhat

This is a discussion on FC4 Gnome Menu - Redhat ; Hi, I'm trying to clean up my desktop and can't find a way to update the gnome menus. In RH9 there was a gui I think, to do this, but I can't find one in FC4. Tried to use nautilus ...

  1. FC4 Gnome Menu

    Hi,

    I'm trying to clean up my desktop and can't find a way to update the gnome
    menus. In RH9 there was a gui I think, to do this, but I can't find one
    in FC4. Tried to use nautilus to goto start-here:/// then preferences:///
    but that shows an error as an invalid uri. Same for applications:/// and
    system:///. Any ideas no both these problems?

    TIA,
    Dante

  2. Re: FC4 Gnome Menu

    Dante Bell wrote:

    > I'm trying to clean up my desktop and can't find a way to update the gnome
    > menus. In RH9 there was a gui I think, to do this, but I can't find one
    > in FC4. Tried to use nautilus to goto start-here:/// then preferences:///
    > but that shows an error as an invalid uri. Same for applications:/// and
    > system:///. Any ideas no both these problems?

    # yum install alacarte

    --
    Igor Jagec

  3. Re: FC4 Gnome Menu

    Thanks, great tool.

    Matthäus

    Igor Jagec schrieb:
    > Dante Bell wrote:
    >
    >> I'm trying to clean up my desktop and can't find a way to update the gnome
    >> menus. In RH9 there was a gui I think, to do this, but I can't find one
    >> in FC4. Tried to use nautilus to goto start-here:/// then preferences:///
    >> but that shows an error as an invalid uri. Same for applications:/// and
    >> system:///. Any ideas no both these problems?

    > # yum install alacarte

  4. Re: FC4 Gnome Menu

    Matthäus Banach wrote;

    > Thanks, great tool.
    >> # yum install alacarte

    The only tool I know

    --
    Igor Jagec

  5. Re: FC4 Gnome Menu

    On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:49:04 +0200, Igor Jagec wrote:

    > Matthäus Banach wrote;
    >
    >> Thanks, great tool.
    >>> # yum install alacarte

    > The only tool I know

    Well guys, I installed alacarte and started using it to customize my
    menu and now most of the items are gone. If I now click on Run
    Application, then the menu crashes and restarts, but the ones that are
    there still work. I have the Redhat -> Logout -> Lock Screen -> Run
    Application ... (doesn't work) -> Desktop -> Places the Applications,
    Office, System, Sound & Video, Accessories and Games are no longer there!
    Maybe I'm not using the alacarte correctly or it doesn't integrate too
    well with Fedora! Any ideas?

    BTW, found some information about creating
    the items by hand, but I don't have the same folder structure and can't
    find the files to edit.

+ Reply to Thread