convert SWF to AVI format... - Redhat

This is a discussion on convert SWF to AVI format... - Redhat ; Greetings, Is there a way, using mencoder (?), to convert a swf file to an avi? tia, -Art- (not Art)...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: convert SWF to AVI format...

  1. convert SWF to AVI format...

    Greetings,
    Is there a way, using mencoder (?), to convert a swf file to an avi?

    tia,
    -Art- (not Art)


  2. Re: convert SWF to AVI format...

    -Art- (not Art) wrote:
    > Is there a way, using mencoder (?), to convert a swf file to an avi?


    I've never used mencoder, but I've done it with ffmpeg.

  3. Re: convert SWF to AVI format...

    On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 06:19:34 GMT, Allen Kistler
    wrote:

    |:-Art- (not Art) wrote:
    |:> Is there a way, using mencoder (?), to convert a swf file to an avi?
    |:
    |:I've never used mencoder, but I've done it with ffmpeg.

    how pray tell?
    -Art- (not Art)



  4. Re: convert SWF to AVI format...

    -Art- wrote:
    > On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 06:19:34 GMT, Allen Kistler
    > wrote:
    >
    > |:-Art- (not Art) wrote:
    > |:> Is there a way, using mencoder (?), to convert a swf file to an avi?
    > |:
    > |:I've never used mencoder, but I've done it with ffmpeg.
    >
    > how pray tell?


    I don't remember the exact switches, since I don't really use it that
    often. Mostly I read the man page, then applied a judicious use of the
    info I found there. (FWIW, it was for the GitS title sequence from
    their official web site. Don't worry too much if you don't know what
    that is.)

  5. Re: convert SWF to AVI format...

    On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 16:22:57 +0000, Allen Kistler wrote:

    > -Art- wrote:
    >> On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 06:19:34 GMT, Allen Kistler
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> |:-Art- (not Art) wrote:
    >> |:> Is there a way, using mencoder (?), to convert a swf file to an
    >> avi? |:
    >> |:I've never used mencoder, but I've done it with ffmpeg.
    >>
    >> how pray tell?

    >
    > I don't remember the exact switches, since I don't really use it that
    > often. Mostly I read the man page, then applied a judicious use of the
    > info I found there. (FWIW, it was for the GitS title sequence from
    > their official web site. Don't worry too much if you don't know what
    > that is.)


    http://www.thegitsmovie.com/ ???
    --
    -Art- (not Art)

  6. Re: convert SWF to AVI format...

    art2u wrote:
    > On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 16:22:57 +0000, Allen Kistler wrote:
    >
    >> -Art- wrote:
    >>> On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 06:19:34 GMT, Allen Kistler
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> |:-Art- (not Art) wrote:
    >>> |:> Is there a way, using mencoder (?), to convert a swf file to an
    >>> avi? |:
    >>> |:I've never used mencoder, but I've done it with ffmpeg.
    >>>
    >>> how pray tell?

    >> I don't remember the exact switches, since I don't really use it that
    >> often. Mostly I read the man page, then applied a judicious use of the
    >> info I found there. (FWIW, it was for the GitS title sequence from
    >> their official web site. Don't worry too much if you don't know what
    >> that is.)

    >
    > http://www.thegitsmovie.com/ ???


    This is an example of how I would do it in a two pass Xvid mode. Sound
    will be mp3 (128k) and video will be Xvid/DivX in a .avi container.

    mencoder file.swf -o /dev/null -oac copy -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=1:turbo

    mencoder file.swf -o file.avi -oac lavc -lavcopts
    acodec=mp3:abitrate=128 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=2:bitrate=1600

    man mencoder will explain the switch!

    regards,

    Jean

  7. Re: convert SWF to AVI format...

    On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 08:53:48 -0400, Jean Cote
    wrote:

    .......
    >>
    >> http://www.thegitsmovie.com/ ???

    >
    >This is an example of how I would do it in a two pass Xvid mode. Sound
    >will be mp3 (128k) and video will be Xvid/DivX in a .avi container.
    >
    >mencoder file.swf -o /dev/null -oac copy -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=1:turbo
    >
    >mencoder file.swf -o file.avi -oac lavc -lavcopts
    >acodec=mp3:abitrate=128 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=2:bitrate=1600
    >
    >man mencoder will explain the switch!
    >
    >regards,
    >
    >Jean

    A very belated thanks!
    -Art- (not Art0


    -Art- (not Art)

  8. Re: convert SWF to AVI format...


    Man page for mencoder states that it DOES NOT support swf!


    --
    dzark

  9. Re: convert SWF to AVI format...


    To accomplish a conversion from *.swf to *avi I succesfully used the
    following workflow:
    First I used a python script called edit.py from the pyvnc2swf
    suite(pyvnc2swf-0.9.3) to convert input.swf to output.flv (yes its a
    flash video movie)
    edit.py -o output.flv input.swf

    Then I used ffmpeg to convert output.flv to output.avi.
    ffmpeg -i output.flv output.avi

    I hope this helps
    KH


    --
    KH Jeron

  10. Re: convert SWF to AVI format...


    Thanks KH Jeron!

    Looking at this page on pyvnc2swf
    http://www.unixuser.org/~euske/vnc2s...2swf.html#edit
    it seems that it is possible to go straight from swf -> mpeg:

    <<
    $ edit.py -o outfile.swf [options] infile ...

    Example
    (Convert .swf into MPEG)
    $ edit.py -o out.mpg input.swf

    (Convert .swf into .flv)
    $ edit.py -o out.flv input.swf
    >>


    Saving a lossey step converting flv->avi and giving a M$ format a
    'heave-ho' at the same time

    Am having a problem with embedded sound, but that may just be me and
    and fact i have to be at work very soon and can't play any longer..

    Thanks again KH Jeron!!!

    Cheers,
    wulf solter


    --
    dzark

  11. Re: convert SWF to AVI format...


    Hi all,

    To get a conversion happening with sound i needed to:

    add the -V (video) switch in edit.py
    $ edit.py -o out.mpg -V input.swf

    and upgrade to latest flash player
    $ sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude install flashplugin-nonfree
    (with edgy backports repo enabled)

    also note that edit.py to mpeg requires PyMedia (http://pymedia.org/)
    whereas SWF -> FLV -> AVI doesn't.

    So much nicer than the nasty (and expensive) programs under windows
    that just do a screen capture of a playing swf....

    So here's all the links in one spot:
    vnc2swf (edit.py): http://www.unixuser.org/~euske/vnc2swf/
    PyMedia (Python MPEG): http://pymedia.org/
    Flash9 Install Howto: http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/flash
    Seveas Packages (for Lame3.97):
    http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2006/10/...untu-packages/

    cheers,
    wulf solter


    --
    dzark

  12. Re: convert SWF to AVI format...

    Quote Originally Posted by -Art- (not Art) View Post
    Greetings,
    Is there a way, using mencoder (?), to convert a swf file to an avi?

    tia,
    -Art- (not Art)
    You could try a converter like iWisoft SWF to AVI Converter.

  13. Re: convert SWF to AVI format...

    What a coincidence that I use iWisoft swf to avi converter too!
    It has real good performance on swf conversion.
    If you want to try, you can go to: swfconverter.biz

  14. Smile Re: convert SWF to AVI format...

    I prefer use the program Flash to Video Encoder, it's very simple tool for me.
    Last edited by hoolga; 06-28-2010 at 01:19 PM.

  15. Re: convert SWF to AVI format...

    Ubuntu is and always will be free of charge. You do not pay any licensing fees. You can download, use and share Ubuntu with your friends, family, school or business for absolutely nothing.

+ Reply to Thread