changing display configuration from the shell in Fedora - Redhat

This is a discussion on changing display configuration from the shell in Fedora - Redhat ; I was changing the display configuration and selected one that was not compatible. How do I change it from the shell....

  1. changing display configuration from the shell in Fedora

    I was changing the display configuration and selected one that was not
    compatible. How do I change it from the shell.

  2. Re: changing display configuration from the shell in Fedora

    Dale Farmer wrote:
    > I was changing the display configuration and selected one that was not
    > compatible. How do I change it from the shell.

    It depends a bit on your version. Older versions used Xconfigurator, or
    you could edit /etc/X11/XF86Config (I think that was the name. It's
    been so long....)

    Newer versions use system-config-display, or you could edit
    /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

+ Reply to Thread