Intel PRO Wireless / 2915 ABGNet & RHEL4 - Redhat

This is a discussion on Intel PRO Wireless / 2915 ABGNet & RHEL4 - Redhat ; Hi all! Installed RHEL4 on a machine with the Intel PRO Wireless card on it, and the OS only recognizes the card as being of type "ethernet." I'm confident I could get the thing working if it would just see ...

  1. Intel PRO Wireless / 2915 ABGNet & RHEL4

    Hi all!

    Installed RHEL4 on a machine with the Intel PRO Wireless card on it,
    and the OS only recognizes the card as being of type "ethernet." I'm
    confident I could get the thing working if it would just see the thing
    as a wireless device instead of ethernet. Anyone got the same card?
    How'd you get around it?

    I'm almost embarrassed to ask about this particular one, with as much
    documentation as there is for the thing and - with Intel being
    supportive of Linux as they are, but really...I could use a hand on
    this one. I'm a relative newcomer to RHEL and would greatly
    appreciate any advice and/or URL's you all might be able to provide.

    Thanks in advance!

    Best,
    Flashman

  2. Re: Intel PRO Wireless / 2915 ABGNet & RHEL4

    http://ipw2100.sourceforge.net/

    --
    Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted

+ Reply to Thread