asus pcmcia wlan - Redhat

This is a discussion on asus pcmcia wlan - Redhat ; Hello newsgroup, am new into redhat linux and am trying to install a pcmcia wlan card type asus wl107g. it comes with a linux driver on the cd but it is a binary form and make and config plus all ...

  1. asus pcmcia wlan

    Hello newsgroup,
    am new into redhat linux and am trying to install a pcmcia wlan card
    type asus wl107g. it comes with a linux driver on the cd but it is a
    binary form and make and config plus all the other things that have to
    go along with this to install the driver. seein how i am used to
    finished rpm packets this kind of stuff is new to me and am looking for
    all the help i can get with installing this card as my built in wlan
    card type intersil prism 3886 javelin xbow is not recognized i bought a
    pcmcia card in hopes of getting it to work seeing how it comes with a
    red hat linux driver.
    i have fedora core 3 installed on a fujitsu siemens amilo a 7640
    notebook. i have linux running fine on the system at the moment and just
    need help installing this card and all help is greatly appreciated and
    thanks in advance.

    ba3000

  2. Re: asus pcmcia wlan

    ba3000 wrote:

    > Hello newsgroup,
    > am new into redhat linux and am trying to install a pcmcia wlan card
    > type asus wl107g. it comes with a linux driver on the cd but it is a
    > binary form and make and config plus all the other things that have to
    > go along with this to install the driver. seein how i am used to
    > finished rpm packets this kind of stuff is new to me and am looking
    > for all the help i can get with installing this card as my built in
    > wlan card type intersil prism 3886 javelin xbow is not recognized i
    > bought a pcmcia card in hopes of getting it to work seeing how it
    > comes with a red hat linux driver.
    > i have fedora core 3 installed on a fujitsu siemens amilo a 7640
    > notebook. i have linux running fine on the system at the moment and
    > just need help installing this card and all help is greatly
    > appreciated and thanks in advance.

    The instructions are on the CD, please read;

    RT2500-Linux-STA-1.4.2.0/Module/README

    Hint: pay special attention to the For Fedora Core 2 (2.6.x kernel)
    section.

    You will need to have the kernel source installed for this to work,
    again please read the RELEASE-NOTES-en[.html] file found on the first
    installation CD or DVD, or if you want here;

    http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...ore/3/i386/os/

    --
    Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted

+ Reply to Thread