Print server setup - Redhat

This is a discussion on Print server setup - Redhat ; I have two FC2 installs. I want to make the one PC a printer server. I can print from one printer to my HP612C no problem. But, when I try to connect the other printer, it can not find the ...

  1. Print server setup

    I have two FC2 installs. I want to make the one PC a printer server.
    I can print from one printer to my HP612C no problem. But, when I try to
    connect the other printer, it can not find the printer. I am using CUPS as
    my print protocol.

    Any suggestions?

    Joe

  2. Re: Print server setup

    Joe Cipale wrote:

    > I have two FC2 installs. I want to make the one PC a printer server.
    > I can print from one printer to my HP612C no problem. But, when I try
    > to connect the other printer, it can not find the printer. I am using
    > CUPS as my print protocol.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Share (IPP) the cups printer on the system that has the HP612C attached.

    Since the printer has a parallel port you might want to use a small
    print server like the Dlink DP-311 (wireless) or DP-301+ (ethernet)
    devices and use networked jetdirect or unix print queue, this way you
    should be able to print from ether system regardless of the other
    system being turned on or off and save a lot of power.

    --
    Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted

  3. Re: Print server setup

    Joe Cipale wrote:
    > I have two FC2 installs. I want to make the one PC a printer server.
    > I can print from one printer to my HP612C no problem. But, when I try to
    > connect the other printer, it can not find the printer. I am using CUPS as
    > my print protocol.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Joe

    You could also setup this printer to be shared via samba as well. Plenty
    of information is available on google for this kind of setup.

+ Reply to Thread