VSFTPD Virtual users question from newbie - Redhat

This is a discussion on VSFTPD Virtual users question from newbie - Redhat ; Just started learning Linux last week so bear with me. I installed the Fedora Core 4 disks and nothing else. During the install it loaded VSFTPD. I'm trying to configure this to work with virtual users and followed everything that ...

  1. VSFTPD Virtual users question from newbie

    Just started learning Linux last week so bear with me. I installed
    the Fedora Core 4 disks and nothing else. During the install it
    loaded VSFTPD. I'm trying to configure this to work with virtual
    users and followed everything that was in the Virtual users Read Me
    file. Is there anything else I need to load (or different versions)
    that the Fedora install might not have installed? I can log in with
    local users but when trying to use the virtual ones, I just get a
    login failed message. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

  2. Re: VSFTPD Virtual users question from newbie

    Nevermind...found another post on a forum to replace the pam_userdb.so
    file with the one from Core3. Did it and it worked.

    On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:38:05 GMT, The Other Mike
    wrote:

    >Just started learning Linux last week so bear with me. I installed
    >the Fedora Core 4 disks and nothing else. During the install it
    >loaded VSFTPD. I'm trying to configure this to work with virtual
    >users and followed everything that was in the Virtual users Read Me
    >file. Is there anything else I need to load (or different versions)
    >that the Fedora install might not have installed? I can log in with
    >local users but when trying to use the virtual ones, I just get a
    >login failed message. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread