I am using Fedora (FC4) installed on a 1.8 GHz Pentium IV computer.

The Primary ide channel has a Hard drive (master) and a CD (Slave).

When I want to run the computer in the Windows Mode I set the BIOS to enable
the Primary IDE Channel and disable the secondary channel.

When I want to run the computer in the Fedora Mode I set the BIOS to enable
the Secondary IDE Channel and disable the promary channel.

Most of the time Fedora does not detect the USB flash drive and the USB
External Drive. However it does detect them occasionally. I can't figure out
what's happening.

What I want to do is make both these USB devices work properly.

Both of the hard drives are (mechanically) mounted in removeable trays . The
problem of Fedora not recognizing the USB devices (most of the time) is not
affected by interchanging the removeable trays.

Any suggestions would be welcome.