MySQL on Fedora 3 - Redhat

This is a discussion on MySQL on Fedora 3 - Redhat ; I installed Fedora 3 on my PC and I believe it also installed: * Apache 2 * PHP (not sure of the version) * MySQL (not sure of the version) Unfortunately I don't see the mysqld under /etc/init.d but the ...

  1. MySQL on Fedora 3

    I installed Fedora 3 on my PC and I believe it also installed:

    * Apache 2
    * PHP (not sure of the version)
    * MySQL (not sure of the version)

    Unfortunately I don't see the mysqld under /etc/init.d but the binaries
    and everything else seems to be there in /usr/bin/

    Is there something I Have to do to get mysql installed?

    Please help.

    - manzoor

  2. Re: MySQL on Fedora 3

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:01:54 -0700, Manzoorul Hassan wrote:

    > I installed Fedora 3 on my PC and I believe it also installed:
    >
    > * Apache 2
    > * PHP (not sure of the version)
    > * MySQL (not sure of the version)
    >
    > Unfortunately I don't see the mysqld under /etc/init.d but the binaries
    > and everything else seems to be there in /usr/bin/
    >
    > Is there something I Have to do to get mysql installed?
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > - manzoor

    Try rpm -qa | grep mysql to see what is there.

    If you have mysql installed it should give you a note of what version. If
    you get no return on it, try yum install mysql.

+ Reply to Thread