inserting kernelmodules - Redhat

This is a discussion on inserting kernelmodules - Redhat ; Hi, I want to manually insert a kernelmodule. On Slackware, I use insmod for it. How can I do it on FC4? Thank you, Huub...

  1. inserting kernelmodules

    Hi,

    I want to manually insert a kernelmodule. On Slackware, I use insmod for
    it. How can I do it on FC4?

    Thank you,

    Huub

  2. Re: inserting kernelmodules

    Huub <"v.niekerk at freeler.nl"> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to manually insert a kernelmodule. On Slackware, I use insmod
    > for it. How can I do it on FC4?

    The same way, for the details see; man insmod

    --
    Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted

  3. Re: inserting kernelmodules

    > The same way, for the details see; man insmod

    Ok. Now I get these messages:

    > /sbin/modprobe pwc.ko FATAL: Module pwc.ko not found.

    > /sbin/insmod pwc.ko
    > insmod: error inserting 'pwc.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module

    Any idea what causes this? The module is there....

+ Reply to Thread