Re: Sheell Script for SFTP - Redhat

This is a discussion on Re: Sheell Script for SFTP - Redhat ; > This is what i tried but when i execute ./prg1.sh it hangs > > #!/bin/sh > HOST='10.77.31.202' > USER='root' > PASSWD='venkat' > > ftp -n ${HOST} > user {$USER} ${PASSWD} > cd /root > get test > exit 0 ...

  1. Re: Sheell Script for SFTP

    > This is what i tried but when i execute ./prg1.sh it hangs
    >
    > #!/bin/sh
    > HOST='10.77.31.202'
    > USER='root'
    > PASSWD='venkat'
    >
    > ftp -n ${HOST} << EOF
    > user {$USER} ${PASSWD}
    > cd /root
    > get test
    > exit 0
    > EOF

    Hi Ian,

    FTP may be disabled can we the same functionality like transferring the
    files without prompting for a password using either sftp or scp?
    If so what else needs to be modified in the above to acheive it.

    Regards,
    Venkat

  2. Re: Sheell Script for SFTP

    On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 17:51:47 +0530, "Venkat"
    wrote:

    >> This is what i tried but when i execute ./prg1.sh it hangs
    >>
    >> #!/bin/sh
    >> HOST='10.77.31.202'
    >> USER='root'
    >> PASSWD='venkat'
    >>
    >> ftp -n ${HOST} << EOF
    >> user {$USER} ${PASSWD}
    >> cd /root
    >> get test
    >> exit 0
    >> EOF

    >Hi Ian,
    >
    >FTP may be disabled can we the same functionality like transferring the
    >files without prompting for a password using either sftp or scp?
    >If so what else needs to be modified in the above to acheive it.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Venkat

    If you want to use scp or sftp, I would create an RSA key for
    authentication so you won't be prompted for a password. There's
    several good faqs/guides on the web if you search.

  3. Re: Sheell Script for SFTP

    wrote:

    >> This is what i tried but when i execute ./prg1.sh it hangs
    >>
    >> #!/bin/sh
    >> HOST='10.77.31.202'
    >> USER='root'
    >> PASSWD='venkat'
    >>
    >> ftp -n ${HOST} << EOF
    >> user {$USER} ${PASSWD}
    >> cd /root
    >> get test
    >> exit 0
    >> EOF

    >Hi Ian,
    >
    >FTP may be disabled can we the same functionality like transferring the
    >files without prompting for a password using either sftp or scp?
    >If so what else needs to be modified in the above to acheive it.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Venkat

    Check your syntax...

    host1:~$ TEST='asdf'; echo {$TEST}