I can switch desktops but... - Redhat

This is a discussion on I can switch desktops but... - Redhat ; OK, I've been looking for this solution for two days and it's driving me buggy. A few days ago I was up till the wee small hours of the morning updating my FC4 on a dial up line. (I cannot ...

  1. I can switch desktops but...

    OK, I've been looking for this solution for two days and it's
    driving me buggy. A few days ago I was up till the wee small
    hours of the morning updating my FC4 on a dial up line. (I cannot
    get high speed here, OK?!) I found something (I think) that would
    allow me to switch desktops by simply running my mouse to the side
    or top or bottom of the screen. In my sleep deprived, weakened
    state I must have thought this sounded like a good idea, (I plead
    temporary insanity).
    Now, I find my desktop changing *frequently* mostly when I don't
    want it to. I had no idea how often my mouse impacts on the side
    of the screen, but it's a lot and it also interferes with raising
    the task bar, which I do like to auto-hide. Trouble is, I've
    forgotten how I got the desktop switching started in the first
    place and I can't seem to find a way to turn it off. It's so
    aggravating that I will wipe the disk and re-install if I have to,
    but there should be someone out there who knows what this is and
    how to turn it off.
    I'd really be grateful.

    --
    Regards,
    Fred.

  2. Re: I can switch desktops but...

    On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 01:42:23 GMT, Fred Williams wrote:

    > Now, I find my desktop changing *frequently* mostly when I don't
    > want it to. I had no idea how often my mouse impacts on the side
    > of the screen, but it's a lot and it also interferes with raising
    > the task bar, which I do like to auto-hide. Trouble is, I've
    > forgotten how I got the desktop switching started in the first
    > place and I can't seem to find a way to turn it off.

    On the KDE configuration manager it is under System, Window Behavior,
    Advanced, Active Desktop Borders and there is a Desktop switch delay
    to help slow down when the switch takes place.

  3. Re: I can switch desktops but...

    On $DATE , Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 01:42:23 GMT, Fred Williams wrote:
    >
    >> Now, I find my desktop changing *frequently* mostly when
    >> I don't
    >> want it to. I had no idea how often my mouse impacts on the
    >> side of the screen, but it's a lot and it also interferes with
    >> raising
    >> the task bar, which I do like to auto-hide. Trouble is, I've
    >> forgotten how I got the desktop switching started in the first
    >> place and I can't seem to find a way to turn it off.

    > On the KDE configuration manager it is under System, Window
    > Behavior, Advanced, Active Desktop Borders and there is a Desktop
    > switch delay to help slow down when the switch takes place.

    Thanks a lot! On my Machine it's: "Control Center -- Desktop --
    Window Behaviour -- Advanced tab, and I simply *Disabled* the
    Active Desktop Borders, but I found it and I couldn't have done it
    without your help. That's great.

    --
    Regards,
    Fred.
    (Please remove FFFf from my email address to reply, if by email)

+ Reply to Thread