FC4, Hard link count is wrong for /proc? - Redhat

This is a discussion on FC4, Hard link count is wrong for /proc? - Redhat ; I have installed FC4 on several systems. The first time I use the find command, I'm getting the following, what gives? find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /proc: this may be a bug in your filesystem driver. Automatically ...

  1. FC4, Hard link count is wrong for /proc?

    I have installed FC4 on several systems. The first time I use the find
    command, I'm getting the following, what gives?

    find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /proc: this may be a bug in
    your filesystem driver. Automatically turning on find's -noleaf option

  2. Re: FC4, Hard link count is wrong for /proc?

    Al Puzzuoli wrote:
    > I have installed FC4 on several systems. The first time I use the find
    > command, I'm getting the following, what gives?
    >
    > find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /proc: this may be a bug in
    > your filesystem driver. Automatically turning on find's -noleaf option

    I am receiving similar message. However, when I un-mount and mount
    /proc
    the message disappears.

    It reappears after rebooting the system. I once lost the whole system
    and had to reinstall FC4.
    israr

  3. Re: FC4, Hard link count is wrong for /proc?

    israr wrote:

    > Al Puzzuoli wrote:
    >> I have installed FC4 on several systems. The first time I use the find
    >> command, I'm getting the following, what gives?
    >>
    >> find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /proc: this may be a bug in
    >> your filesystem driver. Automatically turning on find's -noleaf option

    > I am receiving similar message. However, when I un-mount and mount
    > /proc
    > the message disappears.
    >
    > It reappears after rebooting the system. I once lost the whole system
    > and had to reinstall FC4.
    > israr

    /proc is not a real filesystem on disk, it's
    just a pseudo one created in the kernel such that looking
    at the files in /proc are just the interface into things in
    the kernel. when you 'lost' proc, probably your /etc/fstab
    was messed up and this line got removed or corrupted in the fstab file:

    none /proc proc defaults 0 0

    doing the full reinstall probably wasn't needed.
    Mark

+ Reply to Thread