reg: TRANS.TBL - Redhat

This is a discussion on reg: TRANS.TBL - Redhat ; the file TRANS.TBL has the names of all the .rpm files on that RPMS directory.....is it necessary for all the .rpm file names to be in one TRANS.TBL file in an nfs based installation? what is the file used for ...

  1. reg: TRANS.TBL

    the file TRANS.TBL has the names of all the .rpm files on that RPMS
    directory.....is it necessary for all the .rpm file names to be in one
    TRANS.TBL file in an nfs based installation? what is the file used for
    ? when is it being used ?

  2. Re: reg: TRANS.TBL

    Alxxx wrote:
    > the file TRANS.TBL has the names of all the .rpm files on that RPMS
    > directory.....is it necessary for all the .rpm file names to be in one
    > TRANS.TBL file in an nfs based installation? what is the file used for
    > ? when is it being used ?

    TRANS.TBL is used by some CD file systems (I don't recall which ones) to
    translate 8.3 filenames into long filenames for display (and back).

+ Reply to Thread