ftp problem to windows 2000 server - Redhat

This is a discussion on ftp problem to windows 2000 server - Redhat ; Hi, I am running Fedora Core 4 and I am not able to download/list any files from Windows 2000 ftp servers. During the FTP and when typing "ls" command, the FTP hungs and can not anything returned. I do not ...

  1. ftp problem to windows 2000 server

    Hi,

    I am running Fedora Core 4 and I am not able to download/list any files from
    Windows 2000 ftp servers.

    During the FTP and when typing "ls" command, the FTP hungs and can not
    anything returned. I do not have any problem when ftp to any unix servers.

  2. Re: ftp problem to windows 2000 server

    On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 04:02:45 +0000 HRPANEL scrawled this disquisition:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am running Fedora Core 4 and I am not able to download/list any files from
    > Windows 2000 ftp servers.
    >
    > During the FTP and when typing "ls" command, the FTP hungs and can not
    > anything returned. I do not have any problem when ftp to any unix servers.

    Did a website couple years ago that the folks had to have hosted on a
    Windoze server. Drove me crazy!!

    Only ftp program I could get to connect was ncftp2

    Try using "dir" instead of ls. Think in dos.

    FS

  3. Re: ftp problem to windows 2000 server

    On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 04:02:45 GMT, "HRPANEL" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am running Fedora Core 4 and I am not able to download/list any files from
    >Windows 2000 ftp servers.
    >
    >During the FTP and when typing "ls" command, the FTP hungs and can not
    >anything returned. I do not have any problem when ftp to any unix servers.
    >
    >Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

    Are you trying to use Active FTP between a dumb (i.e. Non stateful)
    firewall and the W2K servers? Try typing "passv" to enable passive
    mode.

+ Reply to Thread