Knode in FC4 - Redhat

This is a discussion on Knode in FC4 - Redhat ; I an using Knode under Fedora Core 4 and it's a little strange. At first it would always start up when I logged on to my system. I could turn it off, but then it wouldn't come back up, it ...

  1. Knode in FC4

    I an using Knode under Fedora Core 4 and it's a little strange.
    At first it would always start up when I logged on to my system.
    I could turn it off, but then it wouldn't come back up, it would
    just sit in the taskbar while the stupid curser would bounce up
    and down mocking me.
    The I read how to set something so that I get a clean login every
    time, I can't remember how now, but I did it and it worked, (I
    gues I could find it again if I had to). Of course that didn't
    fix the other problem. I can run Knode once per session and then
    it won't restart until I log out and back in again.
    It's not a deal breaker sort of problem, but it's annoying and it
    shouldn't be that way. Has anybody seen this before or maybe a
    fix or a reason why?

    --
    Regards,
    Fred.

  2. Re: Knode in FC4

    On $DATE , Fred Williams wrote:

    > I an using Knode under Fedora Core 4 and it's a little
    > strange.
    > At first it would always start up when I logged on to my system.
    > I could turn it off, but then it wouldn't come back up, it would
    > just sit in the taskbar while the stupid curser would bounce up
    > and down mocking me.
    > The I read how to set something so that I get a clean
    > login every
    > time, I can't remember how now, but I did it and it worked, (I
    > gues I could find it again if I had to). Of course that didn't
    > fix the other problem. I can run Knode once per session and then
    > it won't restart until I log out and back in again.
    > It's not a deal breaker sort of problem, but it's
    > annoying and it
    > shouldn't be that way. Has anybody seen this before or maybe a
    > fix or a reason why?

    Is it that nobody knows, or are people not seeing this message?

    --
    Regards,
    Fred.
    (Please remove FFFf from my email address to reply, if by email)

  3. Re: Knode in FC4

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:25:07 +0000, Fred Williams wrote:

    > Is it that nobody knows, or are people not seeing this message?

    Don't know. I sometimes use Knode on my AMD64 FC3 system with no probs.
    Good luck!

    Mike
    --
    Remove SPAMSUCKS to reply

    .~.
    /V\ Registered Linux User 188949
    /( )\ http://counter.li.org
    ^^-^^

    http://www.linuxsluts.com
    http://toastytech.com/evil/index.html

    "Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems." -
    Linus Torvalds

+ Reply to Thread