ALSA and Creative Labs failure - Redhat

This is a discussion on ALSA and Creative Labs failure - Redhat ; Hi thanks for reading my msg. My system Athlon 64 3500, Creative Labs Audigy 2 Platinum ES, Fedora Core 4 64 bit OS . I downloaded and successfully installed the latest ALSA driver, utils and library programs. I ran the ...

  1. ALSA and Creative Labs failure

    Hi thanks for reading my msg. My system Athlon 64 3500, Creative Labs
    Audigy 2 Platinum ES, Fedora Core 4 64 bit OS . I downloaded and
    successfully installed the latest ALSA driver, utils and library
    programs. I ran the alsaconf program, which wrote a new
    /etc/modprobe.conf file but I still can't get any sound. I'm probably
    missing something simple that I'm not doing, but I've hit a wall. So I'm
    hoping you will help me out!!
    Thanks in Advance,
    Shayne

  2. Re: ALSA and Creative Labs failure

    shayne wrote:

    > Hi thanks for reading my msg. My system Athlon 64 3500, Creative Labs
    > Audigy 2 Platinum ES, Fedora Core 4 64 bit OS . I downloaded and
    > successfully installed the latest ALSA driver, utils and library
    > programs. I ran the alsaconf program, which wrote a new
    > /etc/modprobe.conf file but I still can't get any sound. I'm probably
    > missing something simple that I'm not doing, but I've hit a wall. So
    > I'm hoping you will help me out!!
    > Thanks in Advance,
    > Shayne

    With ASLA the sound muted when the system boots. Open the volume control
    from the panel or from the applications and sound & video, adjust the
    all volumes, and in a terminal, as root, run the command:

    /sbin/MAKEDEV -d /etc/udev/devices/ sound

    and add the line below to the /etc/rc.d/rc.local

    /usr/sbin/alsactl restore