Ghosh, so big pain to install new Disti, need some help - Redhat

This is a discussion on Ghosh, so big pain to install new Disti, need some help - Redhat ; Peanutwhistle and others: Finally I am able to install Fedora core 4, I proceeded eventhough the Media-check fails. It got succeeded. I installed Fedora Core 4, which is basd on Kernel 2.6.11. Now I am trying to compile Kernel, I ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Ghosh, so big pain to install new Disti, need some help

    Peanutwhistle and others:

    Finally I am able to install Fedora core 4, I proceeded eventhough the
    Media-check fails. It got succeeded. I installed Fedora Core 4, which
    is basd on Kernel 2.6.11.

    Now I am trying to compile Kernel, I am getting these errors. When I
    gave "make" command, I am getting this error.

    CHK include/linux/version.h
    make[1]" *** No rule to make target 'init/main.o', needed by
    'init/built-in.o'. stop
    make: *** [init] Error 2

  2. Re: Ghosh, so big pain to install new Disti, need some help

    GS wrote:
    > Guys:
    >
    > I need to install new Fedora Core 4 onto new PC, I downloaded four ISO
    > Images onto linux PC. Then did mount that on /mnt/tmp using this
    > command (for first ISO Image)
    >
    > mount -o loop -t iso9660 FC4-i386....iso /mnt/tmp
    >
    > I did zip all the files under /mnt/tmp Directory and ftp's that file
    > onto Windows machine and then unzip onto a separate folder and then
    > burned all those files onto a CD(I have to do this way since I have
    > only CD-RW on my windows PC, I don't have CD burner on my Linux PC),
    > then I tried to install Fedore Core 4 using the newly burnbed Cd, when
    > I reset my new PC after inserting this new CD onto its drive, Linux is
    > not booting at all to install. I can see teh files on the CD. What was
    > the problem here?. Do I need any other utils?.

    I think the following link will help. It tells how to burn an ISO image
    from windows.
    http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm

    Dick Berger

  3. Re: Ghosh, so big pain to install new Disti, need some help

    GS wrote:
    > then I tried to install Fedore Core 4 using the newly burnbed Cd, when
    > I reset my new PC after inserting this new CD onto its drive, Linux is
    > not booting at all to install. I can see teh files on the CD. What was
    > the problem here?. Do I need any other utils?.

    You have the files on the CD but nobody taught the CD which file of
    those to use as bootarea.

    Burn the ISO image as the other f'up said.

    lg, Bernd
    --
    When emailing me, excuse my annoing spamfilter - it works for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2