I have a FC4 installation as a Workstation. Everything except the
wireless card connection is working fine. I am hoping some bright dudes
here can help in this rather vexing issue that is spoiling ym enjoying
of this wonderful thing.

The card is a NETGEAR MA311 802.11b Wireless PCI Adapter.
The chipset is listed as Prism 2.5.

In detail, I get the following error on startup:

Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
SET failed on device eth1 ; Invalid argument.

There was also a similar error regarding the 'Set Rate'.

I eventually eliminated the 'Set Encode' error above by putting the key
in the wireless card config tool.

Even so, I managed to get the wireless interface working by creating a
little script thus:

/sbin/iwconfig set key
/sbin/dhclient eth1

This seemed to work and set the key (it appeared when I query the
interface with /sbin/iwconfig eth1) and it gets an IP via DHCP from the
wireless router.

Lately I monkeyed around with changing the card alias (from eth1:1 to
WirelessCard) and a few other settings to eliminate the 'SET failed
error' above and now I cannot get the wireless interface to work at
all. The wireless interface appears to be up and I can see an IP
address against it when I query with /sbin/iwconfig eth1 and the ESSID
and key and AP address looks fine when I do /sbin/iwconfig eth1.
The wireless activity applet shows some activity and I see a small
quantity of recieved packets in the stats, however I cannot resolve any
websites in firefox nor can I ping any external hosts. I feel this is
somehow related to DNS?

Please help!