Reiser4 and Redhat - Redhat

This is a discussion on Reiser4 and Redhat - Redhat ; * * Posted to: alt.os.linux.redhat, linux.redhat * * Has anyone tried the Reiser4 filesystem on FCn or RHEL 4 yet? It seems interesting and seems to have made inroads into other distros. If so, please let us know what you ...

  1. Reiser4 and Redhat

    * * Posted to: alt.os.linux.redhat, linux.redhat * *

    Has anyone tried the Reiser4 filesystem on FCn or RHEL 4 yet? It seems
    interesting and seems to have made inroads into other distros. If so,
    please let us know what you think.

  2. Re: Reiser4 and Redhat

    peanutwhistle wrote:
    > * * Posted to: alt.os.linux.redhat, linux.redhat * *
    >
    > Has anyone tried the Reiser4 filesystem on FCn or RHEL 4 yet? It seems
    > interesting and seems to have made inroads into other distros. If so,
    > please let us know what you think.

    RHEL4 support is lost if you use Reiser fylesystems.

  3. Re: Reiser4 and Redhat

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra wrote:
    > peanutwhistle wrote:
    > > * * Posted to: alt.os.linux.redhat, linux.redhat * *
    > >
    > > Has anyone tried the Reiser4 filesystem on FCn or RHEL 4 yet? It seems
    > > interesting and seems to have made inroads into other distros. If so,
    > > please let us know what you think.
    > >

    > RHEL4 support is lost if you use Reiser fylesystems.

    Your point is well taken Jan. However, other than enjoying rapid
    deployment of Redhat authored updates, I haven't really called upon our
    Redhat support agreement to maintain my three RHEL 4 WS systems.

    Hence, I'm looking at CentOS 4.1 and White Box Linux where the Reiser4
    filesystem might not be that much of an issue. My two cents...

  4. Re: Reiser4 and Redhat

    If you are willing to accept the risk that Red Hat won't support Reiserfs,
    you can install the kernel-unsupported package for your kernel from Red Hat,
    and then install the FC3 version of the file system utilities rpm that holds
    the utilities for making and checking Reiserfs file systems.

    --
    Eric Bursley

    > Your point is well taken Jan. However, other than enjoying rapid
    > deployment of Redhat authored updates, I haven't really called upon our
    > Redhat support agreement to maintain my three RHEL 4 WS systems.
    >
    > Hence, I'm looking at CentOS 4.1 and White Box Linux where the Reiser4
    > filesystem might not be that much of an issue. My two cents...

+ Reply to Thread