DVD ISO for Fedora 4 - Redhat

This is a discussion on DVD ISO for Fedora 4 - Redhat ; Where is the single downloadable DVD Fedora core ISO located ?...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: DVD ISO for Fedora 4

  1. DVD ISO for Fedora 4

    Where is the single downloadable DVD Fedora core ISO located ?

  2. Re: DVD ISO for Fedora 4

    Edward Diener No Spam writes:

    > Where is the single downloadable DVD Fedora core ISO located ?


    Go to
    http://fedora.redhat.com/
    and look around. They have pointers to the mirrors and the torrent.

    -- HASM

  3. Re: DVD ISO for Fedora 4

    HASM wrote:
    > Edward Diener No Spam writes:
    >
    >
    >>Where is the single downloadable DVD Fedora core ISO located ?

    >
    >
    > Go to
    > http://fedora.redhat.com/
    > and look around. They have pointers to the mirrors and the torrent.


    I specifically asked because when one goes to the downloads page for Fedora at
    http://fedora.redhat.com/download/ the links to the DVD ISO are not there.

  4. Re: DVD ISO for Fedora 4

    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 13:01:56 +0000, Edward Diener No Spam wrote:

    > HASM wrote:
    >> Edward Diener No Spam writes:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Where is the single downloadable DVD Fedora core ISO located ?

    >>
    >>
    >> Go to
    >> http://fedora.redhat.com/
    >> and look around. They have pointers to the mirrors and the torrent.

    >
    > I specifically asked because when one goes to the downloads page for
    > Fedora at http://fedora.redhat.com/download/ the links to the DVD ISO are
    > not there.


    http://www.mirror.ac.uk/mirror/fedor...4-i386-DVD.iso

    --
    Steve.

    scook94atGmaildotCom


  5. Re: DVD ISO for Fedora 4

    Edward Diener No Spam wrote:

    > I specifically asked because when one goes to the downloads page for
    > Fedora at http://fedora.redhat.com/download/ the links to the DVD ISO
    > are not there.


    From http no;

    http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...re/4/i386/iso/

    from ftp yes;

    ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub...re/4/i386/iso/

    FC4-i386-DVD.iso 2686116 KB 06/07/2005 03:04:00 AM

    Your clue is also shown.

    --
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
    safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- B. Franklin, 1759

  6. Re: DVD ISO for Fedora 4

    Lenard wrote:
    > Edward Diener No Spam wrote:
    >
    >
    >>I specifically asked because when one goes to the downloads page for
    >>Fedora at http://fedora.redhat.com/download/ the links to the DVD ISO
    >>are not there.

    >
    >
    > From http no;
    >
    > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...re/4/i386/iso/
    >
    > from ftp yes;
    >
    > ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub...re/4/i386/iso/
    >


    Thanks ! Maybe there should be a link on the http://fedora.redhat.com/download/
    to that ftp.

    > FC4-i386-DVD.iso 2686116 KB 06/07/2005 03:04:00 AM
    >
    > Your clue is also shown


    Huh ?

  7. Re: DVD ISO for Fedora 4

    Edward Diener No Spam wrote:

    > Lenard wrote:
    >> Edward Diener No Spam wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>I specifically asked because when one goes to the downloads page for
    >>>Fedora at http://fedora.redhat.com/download/ the links to the DVD ISO
    >>>are not there.

    >>
    >>
    >> From http no;
    >>
    >> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...re/4/i386/iso/
    >>
    >> from ftp yes;
    >>
    >> ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub...re/4/i386/iso/
    >>

    >
    > Thanks ! Maybe there should be a link on the
    > http://fedora.redhat.com/download/ to that ftp.


    Agreed, but it's really not needed. Some mirrors have the http link for
    the DVD and some do not, examples;

    http://mirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fed...re/4/i386/iso/
    http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/...re/4/i386/iso/

    It's up to the administrator of the site.

    >
    >> FC4-i386-DVD.iso 2686116 KB 06/07/2005 03:04:00 AM
    >>
    >> Your clue is also shown

    >
    > Huh ?


    The clue was/is to simply replace http with ftp, notice the rest is the
    same.


    --
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
    safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- B. Franklin, 1759

  8. Re: DVD ISO for Fedora 4

    Lenard wrote:
    > Edward Diener No Spam wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Lenard wrote:
    >>
    >>>Edward Diener No Spam wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>I specifically asked because when one goes to the downloads page for
    >>>>Fedora at http://fedora.redhat.com/download/ the links to the DVD ISO
    >>>>are not there.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>From http no;
    >>>
    >>>http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...re/4/i386/iso/
    >>>
    >>>from ftp yes;
    >>>
    >>>ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub...re/4/i386/iso/
    >>>

    >>
    >>Thanks ! Maybe there should be a link on the
    >>http://fedora.redhat.com/download/ to that ftp.

    >
    >
    > Agreed, but it's really not needed. Some mirrors have the http link for
    > the DVD and some do not, examples;
    >
    > http://mirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fed...re/4/i386/iso/
    > http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/...re/4/i386/iso/
    >
    > It's up to the administrator of the site.


    I understand, but on http://fedora.redhat.com/download/ the specific links on
    that page, such as
    http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...re/4/i386/iso/, do not. I
    guess one has to know to replace the http with ftp, and not every potential
    Linux user, especially relative newbies like me, will know that immediately.
    Thanks for your help.

  9. Re: DVD ISO for Fedora 4

    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 21:58:18 +0000, Edward Diener No Spam wrote:


    > not. I guess one has to know to replace the http with ftp, and not every
    > potential Linux user, especially relative newbies like me, will know that
    > immediately. Thanks for your help.


    Or you could simply have browsed through the mirror sites, you'd have
    found it eventually.

    --
    Steve.

    scook94atGmaildotCom


  10. Re: DVD ISO for Fedora 4

    Confucious say, look with eyes instead of mouth

    Mirror sites have discretion, so it's a given that not all sites will
    post http and ftp links. As 99.9% of the folks here know, it's always
    beneficial to take a peak at the ftp sites.





    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 21:58:18 GMT, Edward Diener No Spam
    wrote:

    >Lenard wrote:
    >> Edward Diener No Spam wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Lenard wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>Edward Diener No Spam wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>I specifically asked because when one goes to the downloads page for
    >>>>>Fedora at http://fedora.redhat.com/download/ the links to the DVD ISO
    >>>>>are not there.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>From http no;
    >>>>
    >>>>http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...re/4/i386/iso/
    >>>>
    >>>>from ftp yes;
    >>>>
    >>>>ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub...re/4/i386/iso/
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>Thanks ! Maybe there should be a link on the
    >>>http://fedora.redhat.com/download/ to that ftp.

    >>
    >>
    >> Agreed, but it's really not needed. Some mirrors have the http link for
    >> the DVD and some do not, examples;
    >>
    >> http://mirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fed...re/4/i386/iso/
    >> http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/...re/4/i386/iso/
    >>
    >> It's up to the administrator of the site.

    >
    >I understand, but on http://fedora.redhat.com/download/ the specific links on
    >that page, such as
    >http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...re/4/i386/iso/, do not. I
    >guess one has to know to replace the http with ftp, and not every potential
    >Linux user, especially relative newbies like me, will know that immediately.
    >Thanks for your help.



+ Reply to Thread