MySQL Permissions - Redhat

This is a discussion on MySQL Permissions - Redhat ; trying to start mysql # ./safe_mysql user=mysql & 'can't create/write to file *.PID' can't start server: can't create PID file : Permission denied .....any ideas as I'm out of them?...

  1. MySQL Permissions

    trying to start mysql

    # ./safe_mysql user=mysql &

    'can't create/write to file *.PID'
    can't start server: can't create PID file : Permission denied

    .....any ideas as I'm out of them?

  2. Re: MySQL Permissions

    Karoline Lerang wrote:
    > trying to start mysql
    >
    > # ./safe_mysql user=mysql &
    >
    > 'can't create/write to file *.PID'
    > can't start server: can't create PID file : Permission denied
    >
    > ....any ideas as I'm out of them?

    Have you made sure that the user mysql have the write permissions in the
    directory where the pidfile is written ?

+ Reply to Thread